Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

Unintended Acceleration

17K views 49 replies 30 participants last post by  hhhp 
#1 ·
I have been reading the forum for awhile so I'm disappointed this is the reason for my first post.

I have had my bolt for almost 2 month now. It's been good. Mostly using the L mode since I still drive another car sometimes and do not wanna to confuse myself with paddle braking versus traditional brake pedal.

On this rainy morning while turning to park in a stall and so I take my food off the accelerator and expected the heavy regenerative braking. Instead it accelerated in to the stall and so I had to brake heavily and it still didn't seem to take hold. Luckily the cement parking block stopped the car albeit I still went over it. No damage but adrenaline.

Anyone else have this problem? I'm pretty confident I was in L and it responded as expected a few seconds earlier when I entered the lot. Did the rain cause the regenerative braking to fail and I should avoid it during the oddly rainy season here? I know first gen of a new car can have some kinks but I'm don't want to end up with kinks myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.