User Tag List

8Likes

post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 06:30 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Premium vs LT model- worth the difference??

I am down to making a choice between the Premium Model vs the lower cost LT model. Can anyone tell me if the extra $4,000 cost is worth it?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 07:04 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
There’s no pat answer. Every person has different preferences for equipment and décor. Not to mention size of pocketbook.

At the time I ordered, the government incentive here was $1,200 CAD higher on the Premier. (very strange. by the time of delivery the gov’t had eliminated that difference). I can’t resist a “deal” so I went with the Premier recognizing it gave me a venue into: higher sound and safety packages, the plain grey interior color I wanted and a couple of niceties like rear camera mirror and 360° surround backup camera with the gong warning stuff. Leather seats ? Meh. I also thought the Premier would resell more readily which had some relevance for me since I bought rather than leased.
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 07:13 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for your insight, Cehjun. I was ready to buy the LT and then saw a Silver Premium yesterday that looked totally different. Its exterior with the roof rails and far nicer wheels attracted me to consider the Premium. It is my understanding that the Silver only comes in Premium? The problem for me is I have become use to higher end/quality cars (Lexus, BMW) and not sure if i go "cheap" with the LT, I will be a happy camper. But then, 10% price premium (not pun intended) is significant.

And bottom line, I would buy the Tesla Model 3 in a second, if I could get one. Less expensive than the Bolt and far more extensive charging network.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 07:22 AM

I don't think there's any exterior paint color that's exclusive to the Premier model. The exterior trim pieces and wheel insert color do go very nicely with silver or nightfall grey or black paint colors.

EDIT: goes to show one's preferences. I'd pay extra for Lamborgini Huracan Green and interior brown seats..
EDIT #2 : Premier versus Premium

Last edited by Cehjun; 05-11-2017 at 07:36 AM.
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Actually, I went onto the Chevy website and "Silver" is only available on the Premium, at least here in the States.

post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniper49 View Post
Actually, I went onto the Chevy website and "Silver" is only available on the Premium, at least here in the States.

Yes I see that now. I'm sure that Silver Ice Metallic was available on both the LT and Premier at the time I ordered.

It doesn't make sense to just drop a paint color for one trim level ? Could it be a website error.. Silver Ice Metallic wasn't a "Premium" extra-cost color to begin with. Do the Orion paint robots not like Silver Ice Metallic ? Its a head scratcher for sure.
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 08:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
That's weird especially to have silver, a common color, be a specific premium color only. Either way.. it really comes down to what you want and no one can tell you what would be better for yah. If you'll feel weird buying a lower model, just suck it up and pay the extra $4k on the premium.
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 08:33 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cehjun View Post
Yes I see that now. I'm sure that Silver Ice Metallic was available on both the LT and Premier at the time I ordered.

It doesn't make sense to just drop a paint color for one trim level ? Could it be a website error.. Silver Ice Metallic wasn't a "Premium" extra-cost color to begin with. Do the Orion paint robots not like Silver Ice Metallic ? Its a head scratcher for sure.

I have the Silver Ice Premier and, in Canada, I'm pretty sure I could have got the LT model with that colour; however, it wasn't even a consideration. The Premier will have better resale or trade value, at least on paper, the so the extra cost for the option ultimately may not be as much. I like leather and the added trim features much better than the plain Jane cloth (no offence to those that have an LT). The additional features such as wheels, Comfort/Safety Package also make it worthwhile.

Just a question here........my Premier has a blue or purplish color glow coming from the dash trim that you can see at night; I'm wondering if the LT model has that. It looks super modern and a nice touch that I haven't seen in a GM car before............hey, might even be worth the extra $4,000.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by mbepic; 05-11-2017 at 08:36 AM.
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 08:47 AM

Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Don't think the LT has the ambient lighting with it as I think that's only part of the upgrade.
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
New user here--just got a Bolt Premier this past weekend in St. Petersburg, Florida.

- My garage can be a tight fit so I really wanted the surround vision.
- The rear-view LED screen is taking some getting used to, but has elicited the most "wow" moments from friends.
- I didn't even know about the ambient lighting before purchase, but it is really nice.
- The "trunk" area is really small compared to my previous car (Civic), so the false floor trunk space is appreciated.
- I've never had a car with leather before, but even though it is ~90 degrees here right now, it is better than I had imagined.

I'm still in the honeymoon period, but not kicking myself over the move to Premier.
hodad66 likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page