Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

Footrest dead pedal carpet protector

21K views 43 replies 29 participants last post by  Littlecars 
#1 ·
Just refreshing a previous thread so people don't need to crawl through four pages...
(Previous thread: http://www.chevybolt.org/forum/154-...ble-dead-pedal-footrest-carpet-protector.html)

I'm still offering my latest project for sale - the Bolt carpet protector footrest dead pedal.

The issue is that the carpeted left foot rest in the Bolt quickly gets dirty, and don't even ask about pine needles the carpet absorbs - way beyond vacuuming - you need tweezers.

So the solution is a sturdy black 3D-printed ABS plastic foot rest cover, about 1/8" thick, so it doesn't raise foot placement much. It's designed with non-slip nubs, to match the appearance of the brake pedal cover as closely as possible - it looks stock.

Installation takes 10 seconds - just place it on the carpet and press a little. It won't move around, because the back side is completely covered with 4" wide Velcro hooks. It is easily removed, if ever: just peel it off the carpet.

I'm asking $32, which includes USPS Priority Mail to US addresses only. PayPal rwzehr @ gmail(dot)com

And here are images of the footrest collected in one post.

See less See more
#3 ·
Wouldn't be surprised if over the coming months and years that this becomes a more popular thing to do. All my vehicles had something similar and I couldn't do without one, sames goes for a lot of people I know. Hopefully it some good quality rubber that doesn't give off too much of a smell.

#17 ·
I made mine from a Harbor Freight stair tread ($6+t) and Walmart 2" Velcro ($3+t), not to save $$ but just to see if I could do it. It does not look as good as EldRick's (great product, great service, great price), but it fits well and is very functional.

#21 ·
:eek:If banned (?), most are preceded by a warning. Not sure. I went the Harbor Freight route at less than $4, and the adhesive is working well. Total cost was less than $4 with my discount. Now that's a bargain.

Reactions: surgeonFWW
#28 ·
I purchased one, and it arrived the second day after I paid for it. Looks great and works well. It's 3D-printed to match the profile of the other pedals. I'm perfectly happy to pay someone for their ingenuity, and I didn't have to futz with making my own.

#37 ·
That is what ultimately made me design the version on Etsy. I could 3d print them, but they would take 4+ hours a day, I could probably only manufacture two a day. Laser cutting brings it down to 30-50 minutes each and I can do 3 at a time conservatively. Then I have to clean each one, get the protective paper off, cut & attach velcro, print shipping labels, pack and ship.

I can understand why OP charged so much. Luckily, I have my wife for that whole latter half of steps or I would have gave up selling them a while ago. Small time manufacturing is not as easy as it seems!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.