Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

Radar Cruise Control

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  eops 
#1 ·
Does anyone know whether Radar based cruise control will be offered?

#3 ·
Seems to be a shame as I had thought that this vehicle would also be nice to eventually be a self driving vehicle.
I guess 'non-blended' brakes means that when the regenerative brakes reach their max, that braking switches entirely to using the physical brakes? If so, I'm not really sure why that would be a good thing. If not, perhaps I just don't understand what blended brakes are.

#4 ·
Blended brakes means using both the motor (regen) and the physical brakes (as needed). Adding the capability for the car to activate the hydraulic system for the physical brakes add components, complexity, and cost. Regen alone might not be able to slow the car fast enough so the capability to use the physical brakes is necessary.
I would fully expect it to be at least an option in the future (along with automatic emergency braking). Automakers will be required to have automatic emergency braking standard on all cars sold in the US by 2022.

#6 ·
Has anyone here driven the new Volt? It has lane keep. Good opportunity to try it out being taking delivery of your Bolt since there's a bit of a wait more to go.

ALTHOUGH there's a chance GM might bring some models to test drive at the coming shows, L.A. will be the first one to look out for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.