2017 is the year of the Chevy Bolt! - Chevy Bolt EV Forum
User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
 
BoltAdmin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
2017 is the year of the Chevy Bolt!



Come 2017 General Motors will launch an all-new product that aims to push electric car technology to the next level.


Called the “Bolt,” Chevy’s new electric car will offer 200 miles of emissions free electric range on a single charge. GM filed a trademark for the Bolt name in August of last year.

Larger than the Volt, the hatchback-styled vehicle is expected to cost between $30,000 and $50,000.


Currently Tesla is leading the charge in offering an electric car with a significant range. The base Model S offers a 208 mile range but starts at $70,000.

General Motors is expected to show a concept of the Bolt at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit on Monday, in addition to revealing the second-generation Volt.

ChevyBolt.org - Thank You For Being A Part Of Our Chevy Bolt Forum!
BoltAdmin is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 01:53 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just hope GM builds this car and it is available nationwide by 2017!

Jim - Volt # C-5277
Jim I is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-23-2015, 02:53 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hope the Bolt will be at the Chicago Car Show. I'm interested!
Kinch is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-06-2015, 05:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bayamon, Puerto Rico
Posts: 333
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
According to different GM reports, the Bolt EV (its official name) will be in production by "late 2016", and sold by the end of 2016 and early 2017. This reminded me of when the Chevy Volt was produced in October 2010, and the first sale was in December 2010.

We have to watch the famouts auto magazine spies, who can capture the first photos of the preproduction Bolt EV during their many test runs. That will start next year.

16kW Level 2 JuiceBox EVSE installed and ready
EVSE registered at PlugShare.com
Raymondjram is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2015, 03:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 428
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
I am curious how much will change from the concept to the production vehicle. Do you expect the body shape to stay basically the same, or are we going to see some slight changes. For example, I am wondering if the C-pillar and the part of the back window that curves around the side of the car are going to stay.
volta is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2015, 11:27 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by volta View Post
I am curious how much will change from the concept to the production vehicle. Do you expect the body shape to stay basically the same, or are we going to see some slight changes. For example, I am wondering if the C-pillar and the part of the back window that curves around the side of the car are going to stay.
The styling has been well received, so I hope GM is devoting their efforts to improving the drivetrain and lowering cost, rather than tweaking the styling any more.
Dr.G is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 12:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 263
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.G View Post
The styling has been well received, so I hope GM is devoting their efforts to improving the drivetrain and lowering cost, rather than tweaking the styling any more.
Yea well the original Volt concept was well received as well...

Shuto is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-10-2015, 04:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 639
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Original concept looks like something that belongs on Chevy's alpha platform!
Roth33d is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 10:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bayamon, Puerto Rico
Posts: 333
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Red face Summary of Chevy Bolt EV sales per month

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymondjram View Post
According to different GM reports, the Bolt EV (its official name) will be in production by "late 2016", and sold by the end of 2016 and early 2017. This reminded me of when the Chevy Volt was produced in October 2010, and the first sale was in December 2010.

We have to watch the famouts auto magazine spies, who can capture the first photos of the preproduction Bolt EV during their many test runs. That will start next year.
I am quoting myself, since my past post was correct: the first Bolt EVs were sold in December 2017. I ask the site administrator to keep a tab on Bolt EVs sales per month.

December 2016 had 579 sales
January 2017 had 1,162 sales
February 2017 had 952 sales

Here is a link to Bolt EV sales per month that can be a permanent link for all members and visitors:
http://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/chevr...sales-numbers/

16kW Level 2 JuiceBox EVSE installed and ready
EVSE registered at PlugShare.com
Raymondjram is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator
 
DaV8or's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Discovery Bay, CA
Posts: 869
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymondjram View Post
I am quoting myself, since my past post was correct: the first Bolt EVs were sold in December 2017. I ask the site administrator to keep a tab on Bolt EVs sales per month.

December 2016 had 579 sales
January 2017 had 1,162 sales
February 2017 had 952 sales

Here is a link to Bolt EV sales per month that can be a permanent link for all members and visitors:
http://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/chevr...sales-numbers/
Not a bad idea. I suggest you make an all new thread about the sales totals and then maybe we can make it a sticky that people can check each month.
DaV8or is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome