5Likes

post #1 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Ordered a Bolt Premier last night

Went down to the local dealership last night and ordered a Bolt Premier in Kinetic Blue Metallic (extra $395) with the DC Fast charging ($750), Driver Confidence II ($495), & Infotainment packages ($485). This is a real order with a real order number, not just putting my name on a wish list. Dealer has gotten 25 allocations, and I'm number 17. Every dealer I've contacted seems to be selling at MSRP. $1000 refundable deposit was all that was required to secure my slot/order.

Dealer says 4 to 6 weeks for delivery, assuming they start production in the next couple of weeks. First need to get assigned a Target Production Week. If production of my car starts on a monday or tuesday, car should be on the dealer's lot 3 weeks from start of production. If it starts on a wednesday or later, time frame is pushed out another week.

2012 Plug-in Prius
2016 Highlander Hybrid
2017 Chevy Bolt (delivered 2/4/2017)
post #2 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 02:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
@devbolt , which dealer did you go with? just curious.
congrats!!
post #3 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 04:30 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Are you planning on leasing? I am curious to see how they are structuring the leases on these.

post #4 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 04:52 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Congrats on the order!

I'm also in the Bay Area and checked with a couple dealerships about pre-orders. Gilroy is not taking Bolt orders or reservations. Capitol San Jose said they are accepting reservations for $500 for "priority on incoming Bolt's" which are expected in December or January.

They wouldn't give details on how many they are getting but if it is based on sales figures, Capitol claims to be the biggest in the area, so I'm considering making a reservation.
post #5 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leocal11 View Post
@devbolt , which dealer did you go with? just curious.
congrats!!
Stewart Chevrolet Cadillac in Colma, which is more local to me. The guy I dealt with was named Jonathan and his assistant was Anndria. He's hoping to increase his allocation to 100.

2012 Plug-in Prius
2016 Highlander Hybrid
post #6 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by astricklin View Post
Are you planning on leasing? I am curious to see how they are structuring the leases on these.
I'm planning on doing a purchase. I don't think they can do a lease that is cost effective for me when I do 20K+ miles a year.

2012 Plug-in Prius
2016 Highlander Hybrid
post #7 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by klowenst View Post
Congrats on the order!

I'm also in the Bay Area and checked with a couple dealerships about pre-orders. Gilroy is not taking Bolt orders or reservations. Capitol San Jose said they are accepting reservations for $500 for "priority on incoming Bolt's" which are expected in December or January.

They wouldn't give details on how many they are getting but if it is based on sales figures, Capitol claims to be the biggest in the area, so I'm considering making a reservation.
Capitol has 110 allocations. Boardwalk has 39. Momentum supposedly has 100. Concord has 30. Stewart has 25. Those were all the ones I talked to who gave me allocation numbers. Momentum and Concord just put my name on a list. Boardwalk & Stewart wanted a $1000 deposit, and Capitol wanted a $500 deposit.

Supposedly Stewart is the number one Spark EV dealer in the country. I don't know how much of that was the salesmen blowing smoke. They all seem to claim to be the number one something in the area/state/country for volume sales. But the Stewart guy (Jonathan) was upfront with me about the ordering process, delivery times, etc.

I could go down to Capitol and put down a deposit for what I want, but I really don't want to tie up any more of my money for the next month or two at multiple dealerships. If Momentum or Concord call and say they have a Bolt that matches my config before Stewart gets my specific order, I'll think about going with them. Advantage of Stewart is that it's less than 10 minutes from my house. Everything else is half an hour or more away and I don't have any free time on the weekends until January.

2012 Plug-in Prius
2016 Highlander Hybrid
post #8 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 08:50 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Four to six weeks might be a bit optimistic, given that regular production hasn't started. Three weeks from production to arrival at the dealer sounds about right.

At any rate, looks like you'll have it before the end of the year. Congrats.

2013 Volt owner. No plug? No sale.
post #9 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 09:30 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Congrats on putting down a real order! If your dealer can custom order one for you, that means other dealers around the country can start putting in their orders too.
post #10 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 09:38 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Congratulations on pulling the trigger and dropping that order ! $1k for deposit is not bad at all. That's great.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page