Bolts in Colorado - Chevy Bolt EV Forum
User Tag List

 3Likes
  • 3 Post By stuartm
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 03:13 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Longmont, CO
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Bolts in Colorado

Took Delivery of my Bolt today. Colorado dealers can just this month place orders for their allocations. Probable delivery May or June. But my dealer bought a truckload of unsold Bolts (7) from Dealer(s) in California and shipped them out here. Did have to pay the shipping cost on top of MSRP.
But will get the Colorado tax credit and assuming it's still there the Federal credit as well. Was able to get the exact color/trim/options I was going to order or I probably would have waited to be able to order what I wanted. On the seat comfort front I must be among the tough butt crowd rather than the tender butt crowd since the seats seemed fine to me. So far my reaction is "wow this is a really cool car". Note however, I am upgrading from my 1994 Subaru Impreza which I have driven for the last 20 years so maybe I would have thought any current car was really cool .
stuartm is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 03:22 AM
Super Moderator
 
devbolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 428
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase!

2012 Plug-in Prius
2016 Highlander Hybrid
2017 Chevy Bolt (delivered 2/4/2017)
devbolt is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 08:33 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,146
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum-hood of the steel butts! Must be so exciting to move from a 1994 Subaru, just the sheer amount of technological upgrades the Bolt has in comparison since then is astounding. Going to put in a lot of mileage this weekend?
Bazinga is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 08:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 867
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Welcome and congratulations. How do you feel the transition is from the ol' Subie to this ?!
Electro is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 09:46 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
stuartm: do you mind saying what dealer you went through to get your Bolt. I am in the Denver area and ordered a Bolt LT (should be here in a week or so). I was told the dealer will pay the cost of shipping from CA to CO. Hopefully, that will be the case.
tap32 is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Longmont, CO
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I went thru Century Chevrolet in Broomfield. As far as transition from the Subaru, I am kind of old school. So even power windows, mirrors and door locks are something I consider a luxury item . Just learning all the controls will take a while as well as training myself on one-pedal driving. (Also my first ever non-manual transmission car) Expect I will miss the all-wheel drive come winter. Won't miss the Subaru seats, (probably why I think the Bolt seats are fine) They were massively uncomfortable on anything longer than a short drive without a seat cushion to prevent lower back stiffness. All the bells and whistles are kind of cool, but for me a car should first and foremost be solid, reliable transportation with as little environmental impact as possible. One reason I never upgraded the Subaru thru all those years was the newer ones always got lower gas mileage than my avg 30-31 mpg I got in my '94. BTW as far as environmental impact goes I think this car will be way better than my Sub since I have 10kW worth of Solar panels to charge it with although I may now stop having negative net power usage now that I have to charge the car as well.
devbolt, DrZip and DaV8or like this.

Last edited by stuartm; 03-17-2017 at 02:02 PM.
stuartm is online now  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 11:01 PM
Super Moderator
 
DaV8or's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Discovery Bay, CA
Posts: 869
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartm View Post
I went thru Century Chevrolet in Broomfield. As far as transition from the Subaru, I am kind of old school. So even power windows, mirrors and door locks are something I consider a luxury item . Just learning all the controls will take a while as well as training myself on one-pedal driving. (Also my first ever non-manual transmission car) Expect I will miss the all-wheel drive come winter. Won't miss the Subaru seats, (probably why I think the Bolt seats are fine) They were massively uncomfortable on anything longer than a short drive without a seat cushion to prevent lower back stiffness. All the bells and whistles are kind of cool, but for me a car should first and foremost be solid, reliable transportation with as little environmental impact as possible. One reason I never upgraded the Subaru thru all those years was the newer ones always got lower gas mileage than my avg 30-31 mpg I got in my '94. BTW as far as environmental impact goes I think this car will be way better than my Sub since I have 10kW worth of Solar panels to charge it with although I may now stop having negative net power usage now that I have to charge the car as well.
Welcome to the forums! I like your buy and hold strategy. I generally do that too. I like at least 10 years out of my cars. It seems like many people these days change cars like underwear, particularly with leases I guess. I intend to keep my Bolt 10 years.

My wife had a '97 Subaru Legacy wagon that she kept 10 years. It was a great car and you could put a lot in that thing. One of the easiest cars I've worked on. Swapped the alternator on it in under 15 minutes including getting tools out. I can't say that about any other car I've had.

She traded it for a Toyota FJ Cruiser. I never really cared for that car, I called it the "lumber wagon" because of the way we bounced down the road and handled like crap, but she absolutely adored it. She had spinal surgery and the doctor said it had to go, so she traded early for a Lexus RX-350. I really don't like this car either and call it the "lumbar wagon" now!
DaV8or is online now  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 11:23 PM
Junior Member
 
gaulfinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Hurst, TX
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Congrats and Welcome! And question... is this sort sale of excess inventory common? Or is it a sign that the California Bolt EV market is saturated?

Gary Aulfinger
3 Volts and a Spark EV. Add a Bolt EV in 2017?
gaulfinger is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 12:09 AM
Super Moderator
 
DaV8or's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Discovery Bay, CA
Posts: 869
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaulfinger View Post
Congrats and Welcome! And question... is this sort sale of excess inventory common? Or is it a sign that the California Bolt EV market is saturated?
Well, I can't speak for the rest of the state, but here in the Bay Area they are kind of sitting. My theory is, the general car buying public is just still not sold on BEVs yet and EV fans here are all 100% sold on the Tesla Model 3 and are willing to wait as long as it takes and pay whatever it ends up being.

Word of mouth and demonstrations will sell the Bolt. Not a bunch of advertising, not a bunch of news articles, not a bunch of awards and probably not by any Tesla fans! It will be sold by Bolt fans and it will take some time to catch. Just like the Volt did.
DaV8or is online now  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 04:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 174
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaV8or View Post
Well, I can't speak for the rest of the state, but here in the Bay Area they are kind of sitting. My theory is, the general car buying public is just still not sold on BEVs yet and EV fans here are all 100% sold on the Tesla Model 3 and are willing to wait as long as it takes and pay whatever it ends up being.

Word of mouth and demonstrations will sell the Bolt. Not a bunch of advertising, not a bunch of news articles, not a bunch of awards and probably not by any Tesla fans! It will be sold by Bolt fans and it will take some time to catch. Just like the Volt did.
IF sales are slipping in existing markets due to decreased interest (and not frigid weather), well, the car is being rolled out across the country in stages and also around the world in the same manner. We won't know how 'popular' the Bolt is until it is available everywhere GM plans on selling it. IF sales are stagnating in Feb/Mar (and it's not due simply to the traditional effect cold weather months have on car sales) maybe it's because all of the 'must have/first-to-own' geeks in western states have gotten their cars. Other states' EV geeks will soon (or are just now) getting their turn, as are people in Korea and Europe. After ALL those people have paid top dollar for their car, and the production bugs (like driver seats) are worked out, and the release of the model3 and LEAF-2 get real close, expect moves from GM to keep sales high. I don't think much in terms of sales incentives will be seen until after 10K units have been moved and pent up demand has been met.

Personally, I think that the model 3 will be GOOD for Bolt sales. Once people realize that they are going to have to pay over $40K for the model3 that they WANT (and not the base model) and that they are going to have to wait until 2019 or later to get it, they will be knocking on GM's doors to check out the Bolt. I'm more worried about the next-gen LEAF, honestly.

Last edited by SparkE; 03-20-2017 at 04:49 PM.
SparkE is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome