User Tag List

7Likes

post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Sirius Pricing Deal

So, I got the strong arm call last night from Sirius since " they were concerned" my trial was about to end.
After her spiel, I told her it was too expensive. Through hardly any words on my part, she came down to $2 for 3 months, (not each month), then regular price after those 3 months.

I offered $20 for the lifetime of the vehicle, which she declined, but that ended the call much faster than resisting.

I share this so that others can get the same $2/qtr deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 819 Post(s)
My current Sirius deal is $7 a month, month-to-month, no annual commitment, I can cancel anytime. The $7 price is guaranteed for the first year.

I’ve had slightly better deals with 3-month and 5-month and 6-month terms in the past, but $7 a month without a long term commitment works for me.

With nearly everyone having a smartphone, and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto becoming widely available, Sirius is in for a very tough time holding on to subscribers, which is why they’ll often offer a price that’s a fraction of the list price.

2017 Kinetic Blue LT, 1998 Merckx Ti
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1091 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBolt View Post
My current Sirius deal is $7 a month, month-to-month, no annual commitment, I can cancel anytime. The $7 price is guaranteed for the first year.

Iíve had slightly better deals with 3-month and 5-month and 6-month terms in the past, but $7 a month without a long term commitment works for me.

With nearly everyone having a smartphone, and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto becoming widely available, Sirius is in for a very tough time holding on to subscribers, which is why theyíll often offer a price thatís a fraction of the list price.
I'm sure they have some financial incentive to maintain a certain paying membership level as well, especially when it comes to negotiating with companies interested in advertising. Saying you have 5 million paying subscribers sounds a lot better to potential advertisers than saying you only have 2.5 million.
TimBolt likes this.

Check out my Bolt EV blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bolt EV owners Facebook Group:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bro1999 View Post
I'm sure they have some financial incentive to maintain a certain paying membership level as well, especially when it comes to negotiating with companies interested in advertising. Saying you have 5 million paying subscribers sounds a lot better to potential advertisers than saying you only have 2.5 million.
Yes, and a large percentage of the new vehicles sold each year come with a free Sirius subscription, at least for a trial period. This means that millions of subscribers are added each year, which also pumps up the subscriber numbers.

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 04:05 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 976 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

Iíve had slightly better deals with 3-month and 5-month and 6-month terms in the past, but $7 a month without a long term commitment works for me.

With nearly everyone having a smartphone, and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto becoming widely available, Sirius is in for a very tough time holding on to subscribers, which is why theyíll often offer a price thatís a fraction of the list price.

Especially since all of the terrestrial hardware is already in place (in our Bolts), and the satellites are blanketing the globe with content, regardless if I'm subscribed. Since Sirius/XM's incremental cost to keep me a subscriber is negligible, they *should* be willing to accept cash of pretty much any amount per month.

Driving electric since 1997!
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 04:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
I've had Sirius for several years in cars and the house. You have to play hardball with them, or they will let you lapse into some high monthly rates. When renewing or negotiating with them, always say their asking price is too much, and if there are any "specials" available. You would be amazed at the savings you can negotiate...

Last edited by psyflyjohn; 02-16-2019 at 03:47 PM.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 05:41 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Garage
I pay 60 bucks a year for both my vehicles. They always want more, but, I won't pay more. They make the same deal every year.

2017 Loaded Premier in Summit White
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 01:06 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1671 Post(s)
Quote:
Yeah, I subscribed to Sirius for a year, but at renewal time I decided to go to an upgraded data plan and Spotify instead. I'm really enjoying being able to skip music when I want, control playing with the Google Assistant, and not having the sound drop out every time I enter an urban canyon or drive through a tall forest.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 09:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Hm, I think my nearly 3000 mp3's on my phone handle my music needs. Can always stream slacker as well or TuneIN.
drdiesel1 likes this.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cataract2 View Post
Hm, I think my nearly 3000 mp3's on my phone handle my music needs. Can always stream slacker as well or TuneIN.
Yes, lots of options that donít require any monthly subscription, which is why Sirius has such an uphill battle holding on to subscribers.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page