Loading screen stuck at power on - Page 3 - Chevy Bolt EV Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 06:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Took My Bolt in to Dealer and Reported Problem

At the suggestion of several people here, I took my Bolt into the dealer and asked them to check for any updates, etc. My Bolt was built February 2017. Here is their reply on the paperwork when picking up the car.

"CUSTOMER STATES CENTER FRONT DISPLAY SCREEN GOES BLACK AT TIMES WHEN STARTING. LOADING AND ERROR MESSAGES ON THEN AFTER 1-2 MINUTES SCREEN COMES ON. NO DICS PRESENT. DISPLAY OPERATING AS INTENDED. NO RELATED BULLETINS. UNABLE TO VERIFY CONCERN"

So report the problem you are having to the dealer. If they get enough reports they will try to find the problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 08:52 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa6lxb View Post
At the suggestion of several people here, I took my Bolt into the dealer and asked them to check for any updates, etc. My Bolt was built February 2017. Here is their reply on the paperwork when picking up the car.

"CUSTOMER STATES CENTER FRONT DISPLAY SCREEN GOES BLACK AT TIMES WHEN STARTING. LOADING AND ERROR MESSAGES ON THEN AFTER 1-2 MINUTES SCREEN COMES ON. NO DICS PRESENT. DISPLAY OPERATING AS INTENDED. NO RELATED BULLETINS. UNABLE TO VERIFY CONCERN"

So report the problem you are having to the dealer. If they get enough reports they will try to find the problem.
So they looked for DTC's, but failed to check for software updates. What a useless dealer

2017 Loaded Premier in Summit White
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 08:07 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Maybe I was not clear. I specifically asked if there were any "software updates" which was the reason I took the car in for service in the first place. Verbally they said there were no updates. I would not blame the dealer. Chevy needs to do something if they can figure it out. As a retired engineer I know intermittent problems are a nightmare difficult to catch the root causes. More reports will elevate the problem. One user report will not do much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Same problem this morning. Restarted, nothing. Got out of the car after driving for 2 minutes, then it started
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Garage
I noticed this last week and wondered if it was just lagging......... even though it shouldn't.

I also hit the start button 2 different times and it didn't start. I chalked it up to not hitting the button fully. But I can't remember if this was before I noticed the Loading Circle or not.

I just turned off my BT and I will go out to the car and see what it does. Well, in a little big. Old blind cat just sat on my lap, I can't move her now

-Lin
67517, 5-17
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 03:22 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
This exact situation happened to us yesterday in our 2017 Bolt. Did anyone ever figure out the source of this issue? We were able to drive away and the system came to life as we drove.
drdiesel1 likes this.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 03:39 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNBolt View Post
This exact situation happened to us yesterday in our 2017 Bolt. Did anyone ever figure out the source of this issue? We were able to drive away and the system came to life as we drove.

Normal! The OTA updates are active. Don't worry about it. Just let it load. Don't interrupt it!

2017 Loaded Premier in Summit White

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page