User Tag List

2Likes

post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 01:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Loading screen stuck at power on

My wife observed something strange the other day with our Bolt. Not sure if we'll ever see this again, but thought I'd share.

When she got in the car and pressed the power button the loading screen was stuck for nearly a minute as shown in the photo. She pushed the power button to power off the car and then again to try and start the car but the same loading screen was stuck again. Once she got out of the car and got back in the car started up just fine. The weather was in the mid 60's.

Would there have been another thing to try if this comes up again? Has anyone experienced this in another EV?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20170127-WA0004.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	1466  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 08:23 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 449 Post(s)
That's odd, makes me believe that it was a problem between the key fob and the car since it worked after she got in and out. But it could be a case of "third time's the charm"...
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 08:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
The main touch screen was stuck for 5 minutes or so. The back up camera would not come on, Apple car play. Nothing. Turned the car off and on a few times to reboot. Finally screen came on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 12:54 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
I've noticed a similiar problem with the display when using favorite shifters on steering wheel. At one point, the display got stuck. After exiting the car and letting the car reset, the problem fixed itself.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 08:25 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 449 Post(s)
Sounds like a recurring problem if two members here are seeing the same thing. Best thing to do is record it occurring again and show it to your dealership. Sometimes you can't recreate it when needed.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 08:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I would definitely bring it to the attention of your dealers so that you at least have it on file that it happened. That way if it happens again they may be able to do something about it. A software update may need to be in order.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thank you everyone for the feedback. Sharing this with the dealer to get it on record is a great idea.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1369 Post(s)
Just guessing here- We have two people that have stuck screens and the solution seems to be getting out of the car and back in again. Rather than a problem with the key fob, I suspect the user's cellphone. When the car makes the bluetooth connection to the phone it may have an issue with something on the phone, or what the phone app is relating to the car.

Next time somebody has a frozen screen, try turning off the phone, or at least the bluetooth and see if that helps. Sadly, the reality is this car needs a more powerful computer to run than cars in the past and now, do to consumer demand, that same computer has to interface with a multitude of other computers that can have thousands of different bits of software installed by users. A potential conflict could be a computer programmer's nightmare to trouble shoot.

I just hope we don't have screens going down and computer seizures while we're driving!
jagger likes this.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 12:18 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1671 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaV8or View Post
I just hope we don't have screens going down and computer seizures while we're driving!
My impression is that the speedometer screen is driven by a system that's independent of the infotainment system and I imagine that it's a lot less likely to suffer these kinds of issues.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1369 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Nelson View Post
My impression is that the speedometer screen is driven by a system that's independent of the infotainment system and I imagine that it's a lot less likely to suffer these kinds of issues.
Well, in the OP, the problem was that the speedometer screen wouldn't boot up until they left the car. I'm not so sure there are two independent computers. It would be good to know for sure.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page