post #1 of 450 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
UPDATE: $35,400 Model 3 only available "off the menu"

What the title says...
hatchy likes this.

Last edited by bro1999; Today at 11:17 AM. Reason: The $35k Model 3 can no longer be ordered online, and only in person or by calling a Tesla store.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 450 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 05:24 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Tesla Model 3 Standard Range unicorn no more (?)

Hot off the (electronic) presses:
https://insideevs.com/tesla-base-model-3-price/
cbscott likes this.

Last edited by bro1999; 02-28-2019 at 05:26 PM. Reason: merged into similar thread
post #3 of 450 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 05:25 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Nice. Maybe my aunt will finally get her car..

I'm halfway in on my 36 month.. but this is great news.

Chevy EVSE = Only EVSE. 18 months and counting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 450 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1502 Post(s)
Fantastic!

Quote:
We are incredibly excited to announce that the standard Model 3, with 220 miles of range, a top speed of 130mph and 0-60mph acceleration of 5.6 seconds is now available at $35,000! Although lower in cost, it is built to achieve the same perfect 5-star safety rating as the longer-ranged version, which has the lowest probability of injury of any car ever tested by the U.S. Government.

In addition, we are introducing the Model 3 Standard Range Plus, which offers 240 miles of range, a top speed of 140mph, 0-60mph acceleration of just 5.3 seconds and most premium interior features at $37,000 before incentives. For 6% more money, you get 9% more range, more power, and an upgraded interior.

To achieve these prices while remaining financially sustainable, Tesla is shifting sales worldwide to online only.
I have to say, this made my day. Tesla never was on my radar really, and I had finally let the naysayers convince me it would never happen. I'll probably still not buy a Model 3 because I need another vehicle like I need a hole in my head, and can't see myself spending even $25k on a vehicle. I'm hoping to find a great deal on a used Bolt when lease returns start coming in, and as people buy newer generation EVs.
Dimitrij, cbscott and MDBolt like this.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by redpoint5; 02-28-2019 at 06:20 PM.
post #5 of 450 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
https://www.tesla.com/blog/35000-tes...-available-now

$35,000 Tesla Model 3 Available Now
The Tesla Team February 28, 2019
We are incredibly excited to announce that the standard Model 3, with 220 miles of range, a top speed of 130 mph and 0-60 mph acceleration of 5.6 seconds is now available at $35,000! Although lower in cost, it is built to achieve the same perfect 5-star safety rating as the longer-ranged version, which has the lowest probability of injury of any car ever tested by the U.S. Government.

In addition, we are introducing the Model 3 Standard Range Plus, which offers 240 miles of range, a top speed of 140 mph, 0-60 mph acceleration of just 5.3 seconds and most premium interior features at $37,000 before incentives. For 6% more money, you get 9% more range, more power, and an upgraded interior.

To achieve these prices while remaining financially sustainable, Tesla is shifting sales worldwide to online only. You can now buy a Tesla in North America via your phone in about 1 minute, and that capability will soon be extended worldwide. We are also making it much easier to try out and return a Tesla, so that a test drive prior to purchase isn’t needed. You can now return a car within 7 days or 1,000 miles for a full refund. Quite literally, you could buy a Tesla, drive several hundred miles for a weekend road trip with friends and then return it for free. With the highest consumer satisfaction score of any car on the road, we are confident you will want to keep your Model 3.

Shifting all sales online, combined with other ongoing cost efficiencies, will enable us to lower all vehicle prices by about 6% on average, allowing us to achieve the $35,000 Model 3 price point earlier than we expected. Over the next few months, we will be winding down many of our stores, with a small number of stores in high-traffic locations remaining as galleries, showcases and Tesla information centers. The important thing for customers in the United States to understand is that, with online sales, anyone in any state can quickly and easily buy a Tesla.

At the same time, we will be increasing our investment in the Tesla service system, with the goal of same-day, if not same-hour service, and with most service done by us coming to you, rather than you coming to us. Moreover, we guarantee service availability anywhere in any countries in which we operate.

We’re also excited to announce that we’re implementing a number of firmware upgrades for both new and existing customers. These upgrades will increase the range of the Long Range Rear-Wheel Drive Model 3 to 325 miles, increase the top speed of Model 3 Performance to 162 mph, and add an average of approximately 5% peak power to all Model 3 vehicles.
post #6 of 450 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 05:54 PM
max

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Garage
Wow. I like it - looks like it still has power folding side mirrors & enhanced autopilot reduced to $3K.
post #7 of 450 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 06:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
That is a pleasant surprise, when the base was removed from the Tesla website I was skeptical. Looking forward to hear how the service model works out and if they are able to resolve some of the M3 production ramp up quality issues. Now if I could only convince Elon that they need an option to order a M3 with a "classic" instrument panel. ;-)
post #8 of 450 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 06:26 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1444 Post(s)
Well, hot [email protected]! I hope they sell millions. This is really great news.
post #9 of 450 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 06:28 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Great news.

However, I recently found a deficiency in the Model 3 that would be a deal killer for me. It has no dedicated battery heater. Instead they think the motor waste heat can heat the battery.

No one pedal driving is another big issue with the Mode 3 for me.

2019 Bolt LT with FC & DC II, named Orion L-ion
2013 LEAF S with QC, named Leafy McLeaf Face
2014 Prius v
Schneider EVLink L2 EVSE
post #10 of 450 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 07:29 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 815 Post(s)
As I was reading this thread, I looked out the window, and a pig flew by!

Bravo, Mr Musk.

2017 Kinetic Blue LT, 1998 Merckx Ti

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page