GM and Rivian Were in Talks - Chevy Bolt EV Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1249 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
GM and Rivian Were in Talks

So apparently, it turns out that the rumors about GM and Rivian being in talks were actually true. That means there could also be some truth to the rumors of GM and Tesla being in talks (the article actually includes a quote from GM spokesperson, Pat Morrissey, which states that those discussions happen all the time in the automotive world).

Regardless, I don't actually think this is actually terrible news. Clean Technica seems to think that the issue might have been GM's wanting some sort of exclusive partnership, but it might also have been as simple as what Rivian was offering (and for what price). If all that was really being offered was a drive train, battery, and chassis, GM could always go someplace else (Atlis, Tesla, in-house development, etc.).

I see a lot of journalists assuming that it would take a long time for GM to build their own EV truck, but I completely disagree. GM could have a mass-produced EV truck on the market in the next year or two. I think it's the profitability that matters.

https://cleantechnica.com/2019/04/13...o-gm-overture/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 09:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Has GM tried several electric hybrids but they didn't last very long? Seems like done right they could take advantage of the electric motor torque and fuel efficiency enough to make it worth while for the customer to see both advantages.

I really like Rivian being in stealth mode for several years. Seems like a good size to have someone like Amazon backing them. Amazon certainly has their reasons too.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page