1Likes
  • 1 Post By ArizonaJon

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Exclamation Attention Arizona License Fee Going Up

According to today's newspaper the governor has signed into law a bill to phase out lower vehicle registration fees now paid by owners of alternate fuel vehicles. I was unable to find any details about the phase out schedule.

However I was just able to renew my 2019 Bolt (on line) for 5 years for a total cost of $124.38. As a comparison, my 2017 Chrysler Pacifica was over $500 for just one year. So if you are in Arizona I suggest you renew ASAP.

My first year registration fee was $28. So this renewal was a little cheaper. FYI, if you sell the car you can recover part of the fees for the unused portion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 02:59 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaJon View Post
According to today's newspaper the governor has signed into law a bill to phase out lower vehicle registration fees now paid by owners of alternate fuel vehicles.... I was just able to renew my 2019 Bolt (on line) for 5 years for a total cost of $124.38. As a comparison, my 2017 Chrysler Pacifica was over $500 for just one year. So if you are in Arizona I suggest you renew ASAP. My first year registration fee was $28. So this renewal was a little cheaper. FYI, if you sell the car you can recover part of the fees for the unused portion.
In Connecticut, I pay $38 for two years for an EV, while a regular ICE vehicle with personal polluter built in is $80. So, this is one case where CT beats out AZ on taxes! I doubt that will reverse the net migration out of Connecticut though! We still pay property taxes on our cars at high rates.

Chevy Bolt EV driver since July 1, 2017
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgmichel View Post
In Connecticut, I pay $38 for two years for an EV, while a regular ICE vehicle with personal polluter built in is $80. So, this is one case where CT beats out AZ on taxes! I doubt that will reverse the net migration out of Connecticut though! We still pay property taxes on our cars at high rates.
Our registration fee includes "property taxes." So my cost, including property taxes, is $24.88 per year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 03:27 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaJon View Post
Our registration fee includes "property taxes." So my cost, including property taxes, is $24.88 per year.
I' m moving

Chevy Bolt EV driver since July 1, 2017
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgmichel View Post
I' m moving
Welcome to the sunshine. Today we should hit 100 for the first time this year. But it's a dry heat.
Terry Hancock likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page