100Likes

post #1 of 300 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1091 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
The Nitpick Thread

We all know how awesome the Bolt is (well, us lucky owners anyways), but this is a thread to point out anything that is not completely awesome. Could be seemingly silly things like "there aren't enough cup holders", or "the turn signal clicks are too loud" to more serious issues. Post them all here! We all have different tolerances and preferences, but odds are they may be someone out there that has the exact same views.

Oh, and let's leave out the front seat critiques.....I think we've covered that to death in other threads.

- incandescent interior cabin lights. Such a tech-heavy car but it has ancient incandescents?? Come on.
- front cup holders are pretty narrow (narrower than my Volts)
- Android Auto does not display across entire 10.2" center display (send feedback to Google!)
- sun visors don't extend like in my Volts
- no vanity mirror lights
- no wireless Android Auto connection capability
BoltAdmin and CTowner like this.

Check out my Bolt EV blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bolt EV owners Facebook Group:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 300 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 12:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
This is very minor, but you can see a painted area of the door from inside the vehicle.

The Kinetic Blue is pretty reflective so my eyes keep getting drawn to it while driving because lane divider markings can be seen streaming by.

I'm sure I'll get used to it.
post #3 of 300 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 01:05 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
What color is your dash board. Looks like it might be the ash gray. That causes unacceptable reflections in the windshield. I had to throw on a black paper poster board material on to the dash. More than a nitpick.

"Today I took my Bolt for a drive in the late morning on a curved road with the sun shinning down. The reflections off the flat dash board up into the sloped window which reflected directly into the driver’s eyes was extreme. I would say hazardous. The interior trim on my Bolt is Light Ash Gray, Ceramic White, and Perforated Leather. The dash board is Light Ash Gray and that reflects significant light. I have attached a photo showing the color scheme. Almost every car I looked at in Berkeley today uses a much dark, less shiny surface for the dashboard, for obvious reasons.
What was Chevy thinking? This is beyond disappointing. If you are ordering one, there must be a better color scheme. I would not have bought this if I had been aware of this issue."
Boltar, thobert and zebraitis like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 300 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 06:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
a quick fix for that painted area is to buy yourself an $8 can of plasti dip and just paint it over. Easy and effective. Shouldn't take you more than 30 minutes.
post #5 of 300 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 06:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
wow, already got a few ? haha

- always some kinda rattle, plasticky sound
- when you wear polarized sunglasses, the center console screen is hard to read with shadows
post #6 of 300 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moombolt View Post
wow, already got a few ? haha

- always some kinda rattle, plasticky sound
- when you wear polarized sunglasses, the center console screen is hard to read with shadows
If you put anything in the door pockets, since they are plastic it may cause a rattle.

I tested the polaroid sunglasses. The center console screen is not polarized, but it is harder to read, if you have polarized sunglasses on.

Here is one. Last night I removed the charger, and started up. The charger port was still open, so a warning came on. I closed, opened, closed it several times, the warning continued. So I drove down to get the burritos, opened and closed it for good measure and when I restarted the warning had cleared. When my computer or iPhone screw up, powering them down is always an option. Probably not a choice on the Bolt.
post #7 of 300 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eops View Post
a quick fix for that painted area is to buy yourself an $8 can of plasti dip and just paint it over. Easy and effective. Shouldn't take you more than 30 minutes.
That occurred to me, but on a 3 day old car it didn't seem right.
post #8 of 300 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klowenst View Post
This is very minor, but you can see a painted area of the door from inside the vehicle.

The Kinetic Blue is pretty reflective so my eyes keep getting drawn to it while driving because lane divider markings can be seen streaming by.

I'm sure I'll get used to it.
Which interior trim package do you have. Hopefully not the Ceramic White, Ash Gray. It is a terrible choice, because of windshield reflections.
post #9 of 300 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 08:37 PM
Banned

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Quote:
I closed, opened, closed it several times, the warning continued.
All that tells you is that the car only checks the charge door at Power-on.
post #10 of 300 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 10:08 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'd like to see more selections for the little boxes in the Home screen. The Phone box constantly shows the number of the last client I called, the Charging box shows tomorrow's departure time, etc.

I'd like to see a Favorites box for the phone to allow one button phone calls. Maybe a Battery Charge box to show percent of charge, average burn rate, lifetime miles/kwh, etc.
Boltar, CTowner and andrewbeverett like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page