User Tag List

39Likes

Old 06-06-2019, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Unable to Charge (anywhere)

I get the "Unable to Charge" message on my dash regardless of the charger being used. My L1 and L2 chargers at home have the same issue and also any public ChargePoint charger, so I cannot charge at all!

The home chargers give a "Charging Fault" immediately when connecting the cable to the charge port of my Bolt EV. The ChargePoint charger displayed an error: "Error Code #102 - Ventilation Fault".

I brought the car to my Chevy dealer and they reproduced the issue and after running diagnostics have ordered parts for warranty repair and provided me with a loaner car.

They were not very detailed on what he problem is but said that they think the issue is with the Charging Unit Control Module. No ETA on repair at this point.
Sibilance likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2019, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1533 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by klowenst View Post
"Unable to Charge" "Charging Fault" "Ventilation Fault".

Charging Unit Control Module
Sounds more like a problem with the power electronics cooling loop to me. Did anybody check the coolant level in the reservoir at the front, driver's side?
klowenst likes this.
Old 06-06-2019, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 374 Post(s)
so you are reporting that your car had a problem, you took it the dealer, they diagnosed it, and they are going to fix it under warranty?

I'm sorry I really don't see the issue here, car's break, you get them fixed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2019, 03:13 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
In case someone else encounters the same error code we now know it's not a problem the owner can fix. Thanks for letting us know what course of action needs to be taken.

2018 Mosaic Black Metallic with factory black bow tie kit.
Old 06-06-2019, 04:53 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1533 Post(s)
Yes. And please keep filling us in. I would love to know what they ultimately do.
Old 06-06-2019, 04:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Oh, didn't you know? That 238-mile range you bought the car for?
That's 238 miles, total. Ever. That's all the car will go. Period. Recharging is a myth.
Time for a new Chevy!
Old 06-06-2019, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I just got an update from Chevy. They have now determined that the issue is the "Power Line Communication Module" which they say is NOT covered under warranty.

The service rep could not answer basic questions so I asked to speak with a supervisor and I am waiting for a call back.
Old 06-06-2019, 05:26 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by klowenst View Post
I just got an update from Chevy. They have now determined that the issue is the "Power Line Communication Module" which they say is NOT covered under warranty.

The service rep could not answer basic questions so I asked to speak with a supervisor and I am waiting for a call back.
Thats a very ODD response and seems incorrect. One of the concerns I had with the purchase was the high amount of electronics and Large battery pack. I was under an impression that all of that is covered for 8 years 100,000 miles (as part of the factory extended HVDC battery warranty).
MarksBolt likes this.
Old 06-06-2019, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I reviewed the warranty section of the manual and it lists many electric components by name (Battery Control Module, DC Power Control Module, High Voltage Battery Disconnect Module, Battery Charger Control Module, etc.) but not the "Power Line Communication Module" specifically.
Coastal_Cruiser likes this.
Old 06-06-2019, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJETSON View Post
Sounds more like a problem with the power electronics cooling loop to me. Did anybody check the coolant level in the reservoir at the front, driver's side?
Thanks for the tip. I asked them to please check the coolant level in the reservoir at the front, driver's side. I told them about the ventilation fault and provided a picture of the error, but I'm not sure if they checked the coolant.