User Tag List

4Likes

post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Getting Android Auto to display?

When I first connected Android Auto I got it to display on the infotainment display. Then while exploring the app I made it disapear and can't get it back. I use the Projection button and it says when active AA will use the 10.4" display, I hit activate and nothing . The app is active on my phone. Any thought on where I should look?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadrick View Post
When I first connected Android Auto I got it to display on the infotainment display. Then while exploring the app I made it disapear and can't get it back. I use the Projection button and it says when active AA will use the 10.4" display, I hit activate and nothing . The app is active on my phone. Any thought on where I should look?
Is the bluetooth on on the phone, and still paired to the car? On my Nougat phone, the app turns BT on automatically, but not on m Marshmallow device. If there is no BT connection, the display wont activate (for me).

There are some auto launch settings in the app you might look at.

The AA setting in the car is still turned on?
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinknutson View Post
The AA setting in the car is still turned on?
I think this might be where the problem is. Where do I turn on AA in the car?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
I think this might be where the problem is. Where do I turn on AA in the car?
I found the AA and CP on off setting, but both are grayed out and won't let me access them. AA in on and CP is set to off. What is causing them to be locked? The phone is BT connected and I can initiate and receive call; and I can play music. But I can't get the maps to show..
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 01:30 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1582 Post(s)
Quote:
I found the AA and CP on off setting, but both are grayed out and won't let me access them.
Have you connected the phone to the car using a USB cable that's known to work properly with data? (Note - some USB cables are for charging only and will not carry data).
psyflyjohn likes this.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 12:01 PM
Banned

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Android Auto does not work over Bluetooth. Period. It requires USB connection.
(It also only uses 2/3 of the center display - Chevy did a lousy job implementing it)

I'll take a wild guess, and hazard that perhaps the AA setting will only work when you have an Android phone plugged in.
blopeep likes this.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldRick View Post
(It also only uses 2/3 of the center display - Chevy did a lousy job implementing it)

I'll take a wild guess, and hazard that perhaps the AA setting will only work when you have an Android phone plugged in.
Well, not on my car. I just walked downstairs to verify, rather than do it from memory. With no phone connected, and no USB connection, the AA toggle is active. What I did notice is that AA and CP are mutually exclusive. I can't turn on both at once. Selecting the unused one deselects the current. I fiddled with all the related settings I could find, and I could not get my car to a place where I couldn't turn on either AA or CP.

AA does use the USB for the display, but unfortunately not for audio. You have to have both to use AA for making calls.

One thing that occurs to me; in addition to having a regular (not charge-only) USB cable, your phone needs to be in MTP mode. On my Nougat phone, AA puts the USB in that state automatically. On my marshmallow device, it does not. I have to manually select the USB configuration, and put it into MTP. Depending on your phone, that may be easily accessible from the notification shade after plugging your phone in, or you may have to enable developer options, and get to it through that screen.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the responses. I fiddled with settings and after 6 hours finally stumbled across the right settings to get it to work again. When I plugged in my phone after work this afternoon, glory be, AA booted to the display; all the settings held. I had SXM on the radio, directions on the display, and took a call from my wife all on the infotainment center. So all is good in Dadrick's world for the time being.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EldRick View Post

It's not Chevy's fault. It's an Android Auto issue that it doesn't use the entire display. CarPlay fills the entire screen...

2012 Plug-in Prius
2016 Highlander Hybrid
2017 Chevy Bolt (delivered 2/4/2017)
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the responses. I fiddled with settings and after 6 hours finally stumbled across the right settings to get it to work again. When I plugged in my phone after work this afternoon, glory be, AA booted to the display; all the settings held. I had SXM on the radio, directions on the display, and took a call from my wife all on the infotainment center. So all is good in Dadrick's world for the time being.
So, what setting did the trick? In case I trip over it myself.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page