interesting recent review of a local charge station, by someone driving east to Albuquerque:
>EVgo Charging Station Review Tucson AZ
>Published on Apr 18, 2019
and then on their way back, they just posted this:
EVgo Charging Station Review - La Encantada, Tucson AZ
Published on Apr 21, 2019
EVgo stations are solid. They always work. It is frustrating though when the station shuts down at 51% and I have to restart. Check the video for the full review.
#ABQ2SD #EVadventure #Hyundai #KonaEV
Other off-hand quick comments about Tucson public charging:
- since I got a Volt and traded in a leased 2012 Leaf, this means I can't try the fast chargers, but oh well.
- I use the Blink stations once in awhile on 4th avenue.
- glad we've got the Level 1 120 volt plugs going at Fast Park & Relax by Airport. Just heard at some point I do think it's in line to get proper J1772. I hope they stick with mostly Level 1.... not much need for Level 2 in long-term parking, except special circumstances (the occasional large battery day-tripper, airport lots that do valet parking and charging of EVs such as one I've heard about in Phoenix, etc.)
- started campaigning in 2012-2013 for better (public) charging down toward Nogales, and still haven't seen much, other than the Tubac J1772. Oh well, I guess it will happen in time.
- ***Do Not*** count on the J1772 at exit 75 on the 19, in Sahuarita. It has been broken for a long time (1 or 2 years at least?) and there is no word that it will be fixed or replaced any time soon.