wonderbolt

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetOffYourGas View Post
Yes. Thanks again!

I have no idea why they took it down, and they have been completely unresponsive to my inquiries. If anyone has a contact at NYPA or knows anything about current status (more than the website, or the press releases from November), I would love to hear about it!

John Markowitz gave a presentation at NY-BEST ( NY Battery and Energy Storage Technology) conference last month. Here is the link to his slides:

John Markowitz, Lead Energy Services Product Development, Engineer, New York Power Authority (NYPA)

It was a good panel and John gave a very nice presentation. Nothing anyone reading the forums here doesn't already know, but John is a good speaker and his presentation was well done. I hate to be political, but John emphasized that the first installs of the additional DCFC units would be at the NYC airports. During his presentation John even made reference to the "Upstate NY DCFC desert" but when asked about "Bolting from Buffalo to Albany" John answered "likely within three years". He mentioned "Our first EVolve NY units will be @ JFK, and EA has bought up so many DCFC units that there is now a 4 month delay in getting getting them" Sigh... Some things never change...

On a more optimistic note, I posted pictures today of the progress of EA's site @ The Waterloo outlets

And on a note of concern, The RG&E site in Rochester has yet to open, and it appears that the charger used, ChargePoint 250, might be impacted by safety concerns of ChargePoint 200 series units.

And @GetOffYourGas , if you look at the revised map on page 15 of the linked presentation and compare it to the one above that @Vertiformed posted, you can see that all of the "existing or planned" grey dots on the NYS thruway are gone, my understanding is that that project was canceled with the new project to refurb all of the NY state Thruway rest stops and so those are delayed and shown on the revised map as "stage 3"

Last edited by wonderbolt; 04-07-2019 at 06:57 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome