Upstate NY DC fast charging status - Page 7 - Chevy Bolt EV Forum
User Tag List

23Likes

post #61 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 11:09 AM
Ste

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Thanks for the kind words. It was a labor of love but the kiddos actually made it much more fun... they help with the "play" aspect of Plug & Play EV for sure!

In other almost NY news, I noticed that EA added a new "coming soon" site in Pompton Plains, NJ, primarily serving I-287 by the looks of it. I really hoped to see something closer to the border, perhaps Port Jervis, NY, as the distance between Newburgh and Bloomsburg will be a bit of a stretch in winter.

I suppose this serves the Tri-state area a bit better, though, and perhaps we'll see the final sites of Cycle 1 add to the rapidly expanding options in this area. And, yes, the folks at NYPA really need to pull their finger out now...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Memorial Day weekend, start of the Summer driving season, all Upstate stations look very close but not yet open. Just checked and the EA app announced a few weeks ago is not yet available to install, hopefully they release the app and activate the stations along 90 very soon, safe holiday travels to all on the road this weekend
Ste likes this.
post #63 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I did receive a response from my most recent inquiry to the Governor's office, https://www.governor.ny.gov/content/...r-contact-form and wanted to post it here to share...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Response 2019-05-23.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	25521  
Ste likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 10:52 AM
Ste

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Good stuff, thanks. They've made a solid start with the welcome centers, I think, but they primarily help visitors. Those already in the state, especially the central upstate cities, really need to be a priority now. Electrify America will help a little but Syracuse and Rochester metro areas both need some love as well. Hopefully, NYPA will give us some sites to watch like hawks soon...

In terms of EA, I'm surprised how long Herkimer is taking in particular. The recent signs of power company activity offer reason for summer travel optimism though.

I'm also thinking their app will be launched in the next few days... there have been several posts to their social media accounts about it and it was announced early May, so I don't think they'll want it to slip into next month. I'm looking forward to testing it out, but mostly for the price reductions as we head out on several road trips this summer!
post #65 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbolt View Post
I did receive a response from my most recent inquiry to the Governor's office, https://www.governor.ny.gov/content/...r-contact-form and wanted to post it here to share...

I received the same letter. Seems they are saying that they are a year behind schedule...
post #66 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 10:24 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
It looks like EA stations at both Fredonia and Cheektowaga are out of order now. And we are still waiting on the others to open. What is so different about upstate NY that makes our chargers take forever to come online and then so unreliable once they do? It seems EA stations in neighboring states don't have this problem.
post #67 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 02:24 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetOffYourGas View Post
It looks like EA stations at both Fredonia and Cheektowaga are out of order now. And we are still waiting on the others to open. What is so different about upstate NY that makes our chargers take forever to come online and then so unreliable once they do? It seems EA stations in neighboring states don't have this problem.

Sad that it looks like we are regressing. Waterloo, where are you?
post #68 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
https://electricrevs.com/2019/06/28/...3O43Aj9_mLa6Hg

Well, this is what happened to Fredonia and Cheektowaga. The latter is now operational at a reduced power, according to EA. Fredonia is still pending the temporary override.
Jeff N and wonderbolt like this.
post #69 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for that link and the explanation, I had noted that about Buffalo and was wondering what was going on with the chargers
post #70 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
In regards to the delayed opening of some of the DCFC in upstate NY, I am being told that the recently approved reduced electrical supply cost rate for DCFC is holding up at least one, potentially most, of the new DCFC stations from coming on-line in NY. It is not clear to me exactly why this must be resolved before lighting them up, as others are already operational in NY, but maybe the date they go live determines if they are eligible for the reduced rate.

If anyone has any insight or can clarify, please educate me, I was just recently provided this case as the reason...

http://documents.dps.ny.gov/public/M...aseno=18-00561

http://documents.dps.ny.gov/public/Common/ViewDoc.aspx?DocRefId={4430C75A-64F6-4E0C-B338-60C8D7F091F5}

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page