Anyone submit proposals for Electrify America station locations? - Chevy Bolt EV Forum
User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By wvblt

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Anyone submit proposals for Electrify America station locations?

In an odd discussion I had with my electrical company yesterday, I was told that a new Electrify America DCFC station opened up on April 1st near my house. Apparently it's been under construction since last November (from the pictures I've seen online at least), but I haven't heard anything about it until last night.

Anyway... I checked out their website since and I noticed you can submit proposals for locations. Has anyone done that? Support here in Michigan is painfully low. This new EA station (at a Sam's Club) isn't exactly "near" the highway nor near any shops I frequent (hence why I knew nothing about it I guess). It's also the only one located on the main East - West highway system across the state. EA says their goal is a station at least every 120 miles, and eventually every 70. Working on that idea I was going to start proposing out locations fanning out from this new install. Anyone else do the same in their area?

2019 Bolt LT, DCFC, C&C, DC1, DC2, Blk Bow Ties
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 01:24 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Yes. I suggested to them online and also via a phone call that they install one in my town in Northern CA. We have two major highways thru here and only two L2 chargers. To Tesla's credit they installed 10 Super Chargers next to the L2 J1772's. So Tesla was all over it. EA couldn't care less. I told the guy on the phone that he could be a "hero". He did help speed up the turn up of their Dunnigan site in Nor Cal which is what the call was actually about. So far it's one of the few EA sites that they've turned up. It will be nice if they can install a lot more sites to backup Chargepoint. It's just amazing how fast Tesla can bring up their sities by comparison though. EA is essentially a compliance organization IMHO. Their rate structures aren't very fair / good for the BoltEV but we don't have very many alternatives. Evidently EVGO is supposed to be putting in a DCFC in our town according to some Calif. Energy Commission (CEC) report. It's listed on plugshare in advance, but who knows how long this is actually going to take.

Last edited by BoltFan; 04-05-2019 at 01:28 PM. Reason: additional info
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 01:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Great idea!
I will submit a request for a station near Corsicana, TX (I-45 between Houston and Dallas).
The distance between Houston and Dallas is about 240 miles.
EA has a new station in Huntsville, which is about 70 miles north of Houston. It is ideal for the Dallas-Houston drive (arrive with 25-30% charge remaining), but provides little help for the Houston-Dallas drive (arrive with about 70% of charge remaining).
Corsicana is about 115 miles north of Huntsville.

2017 Bolt Premier
2017 Volt 2LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 08:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlhammon View Post
Support here in Michigan is painfully low. This new EA station (at a Sam's Club) isn't exactly "near" the highway nor near any shops I frequent (hence why I knew nothing about it I guess). It's also the only one located on the main East - West highway system across the state. EA says their goal is a station at least every 120 miles, and eventually every 70. Working on that idea I was going to start proposing out locations fanning out from this new install. Anyone else do the same in their area?
I go up to Mackinac Island every year. So far I can make it from WV to Ann Arbor in my Bolt, but I can't reasonably go north. Now I see EA has a Lansing location which will help, but something farther north is still needed: Clare, Grayling, Gaylord. And then in Mackinaw City at least a few L2 stations at the various ferry docks would enable charging while EV drivers are on the island. I'll send my comments along to EA too.
paulgipe likes this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 11:58 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvblt View Post
I go up to Mackinac Island every year. So far I can make it from WV to Ann Arbor in my Bolt, but I can't reasonably go north. Now I see EA has a Lansing location which will help, but something farther north is still needed: Clare, Grayling, Gaylord. And then in Mackinaw City at least a few L2 stations at the various ferry docks would enable charging while EV drivers are on the island. I'll send my comments along to EA too.
No progress with new stations here in WI at this point. But the culture here in WI just sucks for EV's.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page