GTA (Toronto Canada) first bolt siteings - Chevy Bolt EV Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
GTA (Toronto Canada) first bolt siteings

Have a dealer who claims I am at the top of the list I preordered beginning of Jan.

They will get it before anyone else yet other dealers in the Mississauga area are predicting Feb? I am informed I am lucky to be where I am and others would pay thousands to be in my spot? tactic?

thoughts? Just seems odd when I call another local dealer and they claim Feb and I could deposit a white one already coming in Feb? lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 08:01 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 480 Post(s)
The change in exterior paint from white to silver would have been done on the existing order number ? As I thought changes within reason could be made on the order up until the vehicle is scheduled to be built…

When I ordered after checking several dealerships I came away with the understanding that a handful of very early customers in this locale had a target build week in the month of January. Beyond that delivery timing was a guess. Dealers wanted to sound hopeful but didn’t know.

A fairly recent article in below website indicates Ottawa area or perhaps Quebec will probably be first in Canada:
http://www.timetoelectrify.ca/first-bolt-canada/
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
To existing order.

Now I am speaking to another dealer who claims he has some coming in already built? so confusing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 09:29 AM

No way. I’ll bet the best brains in the business have schemed to get an early Bolt or two out of the GM system, and failed.

AFAIK it’s all based on allocation and sequence of orders. Retail sold orders. Even if there is “fleet” availability and a fleet cancels those ones won’t just flop out at a dealer somewhere.

Have to watch out for dealer taking your order and deposit. Dealer knowing it’ll never get built as a 2017 model. That almost happened to me.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cehjun View Post
No way. I’ll bet the best brains in the business have schemed to get an early Bolt or two out of the GM system, and failed.

AFAIK it’s all based on allocation and sequence of orders. Retail sold orders. Even if there is “fleet” availability and a fleet cancels those ones won’t just flop out at a dealer somewhere.

Have to watch out for dealer taking your order and deposit. Dealer knowing it’ll never get built as a 2017 model. That almost happened to me.
What would be the point of a dealer saying we are getting this car in Feb for sure, if u order it u will get it then, and then I get confirmation that if it doenst show up in feb I get the deposit back and have them look stupid?

If he says car is built, and we have a ship date, would you reflect he is lying to get a deposit?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 01:50 PM

If it’s the usual “bill of sale” or “vehicle purchase agreement” used by dealers around here. Was yours amended or appended to state that February delivery is guaranteed ?

If not, the agreement is valid for 90 days at which point if there’s no delivery either party can back out and purchaser can demand his deposit back. Until then, dealer has no obligation to return deposit.

If dealer said you’re at the top of list it might happen in February. And then again it might not… ask dealer to call you immediately when build week appears on the horizon.

As to dealers taking orders and deposits. Lying is a bit harsh a term to use in this context. Call it being overly optimistic.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 08:15 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
From the time they tell you "others would pay thousands to be in my spot" , it's definitely a sales tactic. At least from all of my experiences dealing with them. Don't get me wrong, a lot of people would love to be at the top of the list, but them saying that is just trying to reinforce keeping you in.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 08:35 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 448 Post(s)
Deposits are more like line holders without a concrete delivery date. Best to make sure that the deposits are fully refundable before putting one down.

I'll be one of those people who will just wait for the next few batches.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 09:28 AM

From recent commentary on this site it appears there could be a temporary imbalance/surplus in California. Would make sense to ignore at the moment the out-of-state transfer issue ?

My impression is that the allocation to Canada is very slim. Toronto dealers who say they sold Volts as well as they could, say their store allocation is like 2, 3 or so. One store in eastern Toronto was allocated 7 and they’re all spoken for weeks ago.

Quite soon the next batch available will be sometime after July-September.

GM will be politically correct sending just enough to province of Ontario due to the generous incentives offered by the provincial government. A tremendous pull for EV’s. Quebec has/is enacting ZEV law like some States so that’ll be another consideration.

Meanwhile it’ll be nice to see a zooty looking Bolt with green license plates moving along nicely down the HOV lane. And if Toronto might waive for EV’s, the upcoming tolls on the Don Valley Parkway and the Gardiner Expressway. I’ll sure vote for that !
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 06:46 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Depending on where you are in Canada, some of us have received build dates already.

Ontario area buyers are saying their build dates have already happened (on the other forum there's a long thread about Canadian orders)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page