User Tag List

34Likes

post #11 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 03:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertiformed View Post
The fact that you can find plenty of people on-line saying a thing doesn't mean it's what everyone thinks.
online feedback has a distinctively bimodal distribution. Folks either love something or they hate it. If it was "very good" or "as expected" or " the price was reasonable" they didn't bother to post, after all they received what they expected, just not noteworthy. The vast majority of JuiceBox owners are very happy and using it daily, emotorwerks has built and sold many of them...

I am however sorry the OP is frustrated and potentially got defective units...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 04:25 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Garage
I've had my Clipper Creek for 6 years. It's never had an issue. My trans fluid might
So I better change it ASAP. I should do it at least every two years

2017 Loaded Premier in Summit White

Last edited by drdiesel1; 04-27-2019 at 04:27 PM.
post #13 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Garage
I’ve had my JuiceBox 40 for over a year, I plug in daily and juice up about 15-17kWh daily. No issues ever.

I’m with @XJ12 - I’d try to check the wiring and see if everything’s up to snuff in that department especially since you’ve been through 2 already.
Terry Hancock likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbolt View Post
online feedback has a distinctively bimodal distribution. Folks either love something or they hate it. If it was "very good" or "as expected" or " the price was reasonable" they didn't bother to post, after all they received what they expected, just not noteworthy. The vast majority of JuiceBox owners are very happy and using it daily, emotorwerks has built and sold many of them...

I am however sorry the OP is frustrated and potentially got defective units...
What matters to me is WHEN something goes wrong how quickly a company fixes the issue. Especially with something pretty mission critical like being able to recharge your car.

Failure rate aside, the response from Emotorwerks doesn't sound ideal here.

Weird number.

Happily driving The Gonk 70 (Shock Yellow 2019 Bolt)
post #15 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 08:03 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1671 Post(s)
Juicebox is among my top contenders for when my modified Leaf EVSE no longer cuts it. Still, I see a lot more reports about failed JuiceBoxes than anything else, and it's unclear to me if that's because they are most common, or if there is something in particular prone to failure. That still isn't clear to me either.

My assumption is that they are fairly reliable, otherwise people wouldn't buy them. Perhaps I've just run across more failure stories than is representative of the EVSE market as a whole.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #16 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 08:51 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Garage
I've been really happy with our Juicebox Pro 40. Mine is the portable one with the Nema 14-50 plug. We've had it on camping trips and I'm constantly plugging it in and unplugging it at our apartment complex, so it moves a lot. Bought it at the end of 2017, before they were acquired. There was a guy on the facebook Chevy Bolt Owners Group, who may have worked for them, who was really responsive to questions. I'm not sure if he's still there as I'm not on facebook anymore. Again, this was all before being acquired by Enel. Though that may have nothing to do with newer versions of the hardware, which one would thing would be improving.
post #17 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 11:57 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
It was my understanding that JuiceBox was an open source design, and that everything from complete products, to individual components could be purchased to create your own. Is it purely a consumer product now?

I'd like to see a community put together an open source EVSE with various features and source the lowest price quality components. Something a DIYer could follow, and decide which features are important enough to include so it meets all their requirements and budget.
drdiesel1 likes this.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 12:09 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I'd like to see a community put together an open source EVSE with various features and source the lowest price quality components. Something a DIYer could follow, and decide which features are important enough to include so it meets all their requirements and budget.
The nice thing about DIY kits is that if it breaks you probably have a pretty good idea how to go about figuring out what's wrong and fixing it.
drdiesel1 and redpoint5 like this.
post #19 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 12:15 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 833 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
It was my understanding that JuiceBox was an open source design, and that everything from complete products, to individual components could be purchased to create your own. Is it purely a consumer product now?

See www.openevse.com.
redpoint5 likes this.
post #20 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 01:22 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
I have 2 JuiceBox Pro 40's (one at home in Denver and one at our condo in the mountains) and both have been working flawlessly for a long time. Across all brands, the vast majority of failures are due to the electrician, not the EVSE. The JuiceBox is built with high quality components, well above industry standard, is UL listed, CE, NEMA, and SAE compliant, and EESS rated, and is the brand that Costco has selected, which I think is worth something. At our condo in the mountains, our JuiceBox is outside year round, buried in snow half the year, rained on the other half, and sees temperatures of -20 degrees F, and it works flawlessly and always has. I'd get a second electrician to take a look at what you're supplying it if you've had two fail...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page