User Tag List

34Likes

post #31 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 11:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbolt View Post
JuiceBox 40, 22 months, no issue. works great, easy to use, clear status, pre-wifi version

Same here Juice Box 40, Coming up on 24 months. Original unit did need a firmware update when I first bought it, after that no issues, also pre-wifi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Have not heard back since I heard from them on Monday and now it has been a week since the charger stopped working. Really not impressed.
post #33 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 03:49 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 807 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by surgeonFWW View Post
Siemens VersiCharge, non-WiFi, plugged (NEMA 6-50) version, in garage, 2 feet from service panel, 40 amp breaker, wire size suitable for 40 amps, 50 amp capable outlet, 24 months, 100% flawless performance.
But other folks with VersiCharge chargers have reported issues with it faulting out if the Bolt waits until later to charge (e.g. for time-of-departure based charging).
surgeonFWW likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 58 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 06:29 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
I have had good luck with the JuiceBox so far. I have had it for about a year now and it gets frequent usage. It's put about 4,900 kwh of charge into my Bolt since I have had it. Without knowing the hard numbers it's hard to say if it's a good or bad product. If indeed it's one of the most popular choices then I would expect to see lots of complaints online because there will certainly be some cases where customers were not fully satisfied.

I would have someone double-check that wiring since you have had two failures. It sounds like something could be up with the circuit based on the behavior you described. Either way it can't hurt anything to double-check.
post #35 of 58 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 06:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
I'm another happy JuiceBoxer - I just wish it would display SOC in the online app.

I'm a very heavy user of mine - 40+ kWh daily.

My only issue arose from my own ignorance - I let the plug end get wet and it (properly) failed on ground fault.
post #36 of 58 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I bought one of these chargers. I think you can get them from Chevy dealership. I’ve never had a problem with this one. Has been working like a champ for over a year. I also bought an 14-50 adapter for my Chevy Charger.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0230AFBD-FBC7-4DF6-A299-2F1D1A6A94E1_1556751707867.jpeg
Views:	11
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	25245  
post #37 of 58 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 07:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mine seems to work fine

I have a Juicebox 40 purchased on Ebay as refurb from emotorwerks. I installed it myself and so far it is working fine. I have a friend though that had nothing but grief of the same sort where it just didn't charge some nights when it should have. I learned that after I had already purchased, but not yet installed, so was nervous.

I have mine set via the Juicebox app to only charge during my off peak times.

When I plug in at about 5:00 PM ,with the Bolt always set to immediate charging, the car does display an unable to charge message as I plug in, since the Juicebox is not willing at that time due to the schedule. But it does start at 11:00 pm as it is supposed to. So far so good
post #38 of 58 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Finally had to call into customer service and complain, they said they would call me back ten minutes later and they did and said they would be shipping a third replacement unit out in the next day or two. Hopefully this will be the end of my troubles. Stay tuned.
wonderbolt and max like this.
post #39 of 58 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 05:57 PM

Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxEVLyftUber View Post
I'm another happy JuiceBoxer - I just wish it would display SOC in the online app.

I'm a very heavy user of mine - 40+ kWh daily.

My only issue arose from my own ignorance - I let the plug end get wet and it (properly) failed on ground fault.
It has no way to know SOC, it only knows if the Bolt is pulling power or not and how much, it can measure how much it has pulled. There is no no "sharing of vehicle data" like current SOC, temperature, etc...from the Bolt to the EVSE, only the handshake for request for power, wake, and what power level is available.

The My Chevy app can however display SOC..
post #40 of 58 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 06:36 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
The reason I figured the EVSE should be able to display current SOC is that DCFCs do...that tells me the SOC data is in the "data" pin of the J1772 connection...just a matter of decoding and displaying...no?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page