DCFC usage poll - Chevy Bolt EV Forum
View Poll Results: Have/want DCFC? Use it? Happy with your decision?
No Bolt: but I'd get DCFC. 6 3.73%
Bolt with DCFC: Used DCFC a lot. Glad. 39 24.22%
Bolt with DCFC: Used DCFC a lot. Regret DCFC. 1 0.62%
Bolt with DCFC: Hardly/never used DCFC. Glad. 100 62.11%
Bolt with DCFC: Hardly/never used DCFC. Regret DCFC. 3 1.86%
No Bolt: but I'd skip DCFC. 0 0%
Bolt without DCFC: Wished I had it at least once. Regret no DCFC. 1 0.62%
Bolt without DCFC: Not sure if I'll need it in the future. Regret no DCFC. 5 3.11%
Bolt without DCFC: Never have/never will wish for it. Glad. 6 3.73%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

61Likes

post #1 of 127 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 818 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
DCFC usage poll

One question that has come up in various threads is whether a Bolt without a DCFC port is missing something, or one that has one has something that isn't really needed.

So, this poll aims to dive into that a bit.
ZoomZoom likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 127 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 12:57 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
I have not used a DCFC charging port. I don't think everyone will ever agree if it isn't really needed. It's a personal choice based on use, intended use and sometimes $. A Bolt with a DCFC is a better EV overall. When in doubt, you should have one. I think most would agree, much like some will say heated seats in the back make it a better car too.
calderstrake likes this.

Last edited by ZoomZoom; 10-23-2018 at 01:04 PM.
post #3 of 127 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
I have not used a DCFC charging port.
The actual Poll is up now. If you can reload an answer there, great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 127 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertiformed View Post
The actual Poll is up now. If you can reload an answer there, great.
Ahhh, ok, will do. Thanks.
post #5 of 127 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 01:12 PM

Hate to be picky and not trying to be difficult but the poll descriptions almost made me wish for none of the above as an option. I voted for Bolt never have never wished but it's not really covering my situation. I wish I had one, and if it was a $250 option or $300 I would have bought it. I did say on day 1 with my original post that the price was too high for someone, me, who would never use it in all likelihood. I honestly don't think I would have ever used one if I had it. But my circumstance is unique and not common here and I live in an area that doesn't have much, nearly no DC fast charging. The whole point of regret, not sure what the point of that is, it adds a different element to the poll, IMHO.
post #6 of 127 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 01:12 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1619 Post(s)
What annoys me is the premium they charge for the option. What is it, $750, for what, thick copper wires that go to the battery? The rest of the DCFC infrastructure is already there, right? Seems the option should be more like $200. At that point, might as well just build it in to the the price of the vehicles so nobody is caught by surprise. It's standard in Canada, right?

All that said, I intend to never public charge, so it wouldn't be a benefit to me unless I'm moving across country or something. Even then I'd need to trailer at least one of my vehicles, so it might as well be the EV.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 127 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
What annoys me is the premium they charge for the option. What is it, $750, for what, thick copper wires that go to the battery? The rest of the DCFC infrastructure is already there, right? Seems the option should be more like $200. At that point, might as well just build it in to the the price of the vehicles so nobody is caught by surprise. It's standard in Canada, right?

All that said, I intend to never public charge, so it wouldn't be a benefit to me unless I'm moving across country or something. Even then I'd need to trailer at least one of my vehicles, so it might as well be the EV.
I read somewhere that it's standard oversea's, but not in Canada. I'm trying to validate my answer, I found one thread talking about overseas being standard, still looking for Canada.
post #8 of 127 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post

Be glad GM only charges $750. I believe Nissan charges $1k+ for the CHAdeMO port on the Leaf.
Dimitrij and ZoomZoom like this.

Check out my Bolt EV blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bolt EV owners Facebook Group:
post #9 of 127 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
Hate to be picky and not trying to be difficult but the poll descriptions almost made me wish for none of the above as an option. I voted for Bolt never have never wished but it's not really covering my situation.
In making any poll, you have to have limited options and lose nuance. It would be cool to also ask how long people had their cars as part of the poll, and also figure out the threshold where people would say “ah, what the heck, let's add it”. I'm sure if it was only $1 cents extra, only very strange people would say “no”.
ZoomZoom likes this.
post #10 of 127 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 01:42 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 757 Post(s)
have it. don't even know if it works. everything is relative. $750 seemed pretty cheap to me. so just threw that in.
Vertiformed likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page