52Likes
post #1 of 104 (permalink) Unread 06-10-2019, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2020 Bolt EV?

IIRC, at this point in time last year, production of the 2019 Bolt EV had been announced (along with YoY changes). Haven't really heard a peep about the 2020 Bolt yet. Shouldn't we have heard something by now?

Check out my Bolt EV blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bolt EV owners Facebook Group:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 104 (permalink) Unread 06-10-2019, 12:50 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Garage
Maybe they have more up their sleeve this year and aren't ready to announce yet? Perhaps more vehicles finally?
post #3 of 104 (permalink) Unread 06-10-2019, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Could it be that GM is trying not to Osborne the current inventory of MY 2019's? announcing any significant news perhaps around the summer shutdown, which is usually in July.

If some had told me in late 2016, when I first jumped on the EV bandwagon, that in 2019 Tesla would still be the only car company, whose EV's sales represent at least 1% of the US automotive market, I would have dismissed this person as a fanboy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 104 (permalink) Unread 06-10-2019, 01:21 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 936 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitrij View Post
Could it be that GM is trying not to Osborne the current inventory of MY 2019's? announcing any significant news perhaps around the summer shutdown, which is usually in July.

If some had told me in late 2016, when I first jumped on the EV bandwagon, that in 2019 Tesla would still be the only car company, whose EV's sales represent at least 1% of the US automotive market, I would have dismissed this person as a fanboy.

It's more hip to spell it "fanboi".

Driving electric since 1997!
post #5 of 104 (permalink) Unread 06-10-2019, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregBrew View Post
It's more hip to spell it "fanboi".
Hey, there's a difference between a "fanboy" and "fanboi". A fanboy is super passionate about whatever thing they are passionate about, but can admit some fault with said thing once in a while.
Meanwhile, a "fanboi" defends their favorite thing to the ends of the universe, never apologizing and never admitting any hint of a flaw with their favorite thing.
redpoint5 likes this.

post #6 of 104 (permalink) Unread 06-10-2019, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 1349 Post(s)
It's quite possible that they are preparing to announce the end of the Chevy Bolt and the beginning of the much more expensive Cadillac Xxxxx. I hope I'm wrong because I like the idea of more affordable BEVs, but it wouldn't surprise me and I couldn't blame GM one bit for making the change.

Tesla has shown the world who the bulk of the EV buying segment is and how one can potentially make profit selling BEVs. Chevrolet and everyone else has shown how to lose money selling BEVs.
Mister Dave and Dimitrij like this.

2017 Bolt LT Orange Burst
post #7 of 104 (permalink) Unread 06-10-2019, 04:03 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaV8or View Post
It's quite possible that they are preparing to announce the end of the Chevy Bolt and the beginning of the much more expensive Cadillac Xxxxx. I hope I'm wrong because I like the idea of more affordable BEVs, but it wouldn't surprise me and I couldn't blame GM one bit for making the change.

Tesla has shown the world who the bulk of the EV buying segment is and how one can potentially make profit selling BEVs. Chevrolet and everyone else has shown how to lose money selling BEVs.

Yup. Give it a huge fake grill, and slap a "Cadillac" badge on it...instant $10k price increase...right into profitability.
Terry Hancock likes this.

post #8 of 104 (permalink) Unread 06-10-2019, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregBrew View Post
Yup. Give it a huge fake grill, and slap a "Cadillac" badge on it...instant $10k price increase...right into profitability.
They pretty much did that with the ELR. Except instead of a $10k price premium over the Volt, they made it double the price. And then shockingly, ELR sales were terrible and was terminated after 2 model years.

post #9 of 104 (permalink) Unread 06-10-2019, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaV8or View Post

I don't think GM is considering killing the Bolt, since the Bolt is being used for Cruise Automation's AV program. And despite meh sales in the US, the Bolt is actually selling decently well in other counties (such as South Korea). I'm hoping they have some fairly significant refresh coming with the 2020 Bolt, and are holding off until the last minute so that sales of 2019 Bolts aren't impacted.

post #10 of 104 (permalink) Unread 06-10-2019, 04:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bro1999 View Post
They pretty much did that with the ELR. Except instead of a $10k price premium over the Volt, they made it double the price. And then shockingly, ELR sales were terrible and was terminated after 2 model years.

Kind of like the XLR? It's like a Vette, but with worse lines (and a higher price).