Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Registered
It's only a 7.5A fuse... what else could it possibly handle?
I understand what you are saying. But I reread all the threads I could find on it again, and there's no definitive answer. The part that I find funny is that there's one group worried about blind people getting run over. And then the opposite side of the coin who have pulled a fuse out of their car and not a single one of them is 100% sure what they exactly disabled with the fuse being pulled. And ironically, if their intent was to only disable the growler like I did .... you can cut the wire in less than 90 seconds. Probably only 60 seconds longer than it takes to pull the fuse. And yes, if you're smart enough to pull the fuse, you're smart enough to repair the cut in the strangest of circumstances of you ever wanting to undo it in the first place.

Registered
I've rolled down my window while stopped to try to hear the warning sound, but it is very modest, not like the noise in the video. If it was that annoying, I'd figure out the wiring, splice into it and wire a toggle switch which I'd mount in the left front trim near the hood release handle.

Registered
supposedly one loses the beep when plugging in if the fuse is removed. so would that beep come from the pedestrian alert speaker? made me wonder what sound the speaker makes if one applies power to it? does the source of the sound come from somewhere else? sure would be nice to figure out how to change the sound to ones liking.

Registered
I'm curious, your auto-braking kicked in you claim? How could you tell. I've not had mine kick in that I can tell and specifically an impact has occurred on more than one occassion. I have found the auto-braking to be as effective as LKA. I'd love to understand some success stories with it. Thanks for sharing.
I have the fuse pulled on my noise maker, and I have to wonder if my auto braking kicked in one time.

I am in the process of teaching my wife to drive (didn't get licence in High School, and spent her adult life working in Saudi Arabia where women can't drive). Pulling into the drive way one time she hit the accelerator instead of the brake. I started begging her to Brake I literally said "brake... Brake... BRAKE... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BRAKE!!!" (sitting in passenger seat, didn't think to throw it into Neutral) and the car braked to a stop before we hit the house...

I asked her about it yesterday after reading this thread, and she honestly doesn't remember if she moved her foot over to the brake pedal or not in her panic.

Statistically, it is unlikely for someone in a total panic to lift their foot and move it from the accelerator to the brake pedal... she was in a total panic when this happened.

For heart health, I do not recommend testing the automatic braking in this manor :)

Keith

Registered
(sitting in passenger seat, didn't think to throw it into Neutral) and the car braked to a stop before we hit the house...
Pull and hold the emergency/handbrake.

So, I gather that pulling the fuse kills the noise.
I found out disconnecting the harness throws an error on the dash.

I must try the fuse then.

I expect to see a lot of comments regarding "THE LAW" and "SAFETY" and "WHAT ABOUT THE BLIND?"
All I have to say is, I did this to help those wanting peace and quiet. Ya'll can utilize your time how you choose to.
Thanks for informative post without the hatred and grunt about "legality of this action".

21 - 26 of 26 Posts