Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Chevy Bolt premier Cayenne Orange metallic
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2020 with original battery full charge. Fast EV wheels EV01+. Nokian Tyres "One".

Wild Horse Pass Motor Sports Park in Arizona.

Really happy with the times the little car pulls. Best run was the first pass. 14.976 seconds at 92.41 mph.
Second pass 15.031 seconds 9at 92.45 mph and the third pass 15.033 seconds at 91.39 mph.

Each pass was in D with traction control off and sport mode on. I got a tiny bit of wheel screech once or twice. Looking back I wish I had tried different settings but I don't think I could get it any quicker.
Receipt Font Material property Temperature Number

·
Registered
25 Posts
I haven't dragged the Bolt, but I am pretty sure I could get at least a 2.2 or maybe a 2.1 60' out of it based on my old Regal GS days. That would keep it in the 14s. Were you running full pressure in the tires? They just closed the track by me, so it isn't ever going to happen. Might just by a draggy and see how it does.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
How much of the 14.9 seconds are spent stuck at the ~93mph limit?

Since the top speed is governed, about the only way to improve that time is with larger diameter tires.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Those idiots need to be behind bars for driving like that on residential streets, not fun just stupid.
Those happen to be stolen cars, btw. But it's all 30 day misdemeanors if caught so the perps don't GAS.

·
Registered
273 Posts
How much of the 14.9 seconds are spent stuck at the ~93mph limit?

Since the top speed is governed, about the only way to improve that time is with larger diameter tires.
And remove all the dead weight inside the car like floor and trunk mats, rear headrests etc... and also fold the side mirrors that create drag.

·
Premium Member
2018 Bolt Premier
717 Posts
I haven't dragged the Bolt, but I am pretty sure I could get at least a 2.2 or maybe a 2.1 60' out of it based on my old Regal GS days. That would keep it in the 14s. Were you running full pressure in the tires? They just closed the track by me, so it isn't ever going to happen. Might just by a draggy and see how it does.
I took out the 2 baby seats for the grandchildren and did a DCFC to 80% about 60Km before I got to the track.
I’m thinking I might take the washer fluid jugs, snow brush and empty the garbage bag next time.
Kinda neat if not amazing though how everyone just or almost just reached the Bolt’s top speed of 93mph, even with the winter washer fluid jugs and my 62 year old belly hanging over the seat belt 🤣

·
Registered
137 Posts
How do you launch an EV? Can you hold the brakes while applying a little bit of throttle...or do you just stomp on it? :)
This depends on a lot of factors. Specific to the Bolt - It's FWD, so you wouldn't want to leave the line by stomping it. Stomping on it would cause wheel spin due to torque. I'd imagine a smooth motion on the accelerator would work well. If you don't hear tire spin you can always apply more force the next round. If I was to be bracket racing the Bolt I would have my left foot holding the brake and my right foot on the accelerator pedal ready for take off.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I also see that the OP drove around the burnout box. This was smart. There is no need to do a smoky burnout with street tires. Often times I would do a quick spin not in the water just to "clean" them.

·
Registered
12/16 build, 2017, white LT
12,205 Posts
I would run in L, and rest my foot on the accelerator. There is no advantage to holding the brake, and L, or D, make no difference to acceleration.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Yes I am at 38 psi cold.
Sorry to hear the local track closed. We had one out west closed years ago, and this one to the South of Phoenix. I had heard this track is closing next year due to a freeway expansion. I hope it stays open. We should have at least one place where people can race safely and legally. Besides the time slips can't be argued with. 😆⚡

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
When did the speed limiter cut in? Close to the finish? If it didn't limit you to 92 mph could you have lowered the ET much more? (A guess, I know)
It definitely hit top speed before the end. It is hard to say how far before the end but I did notice the rate of exceleration slow at 90mph. I would guess .2 seconds quicker if it had a higher top speed, not sure though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol how pissed was the other guy? nice run
No idea, I didn't talk to him. Hopefully he was cool with it and just enjoys his Trans Am. I had a 74 Nova that could barely break into high 14s so I know how it is with a car like his. It was a daily driver for more than 20 years while I owned it. I tried to only do performance improvements that would help it's efficiency because it ran day and night every day.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I took out the 2 baby seats for the grandchildren and did a DCFC to 80% about 60Km before I got to the track.
I’m thinking I might take the washer fluid jugs, snow brush and empty the garbage bag next time.
Kinda neat if not amazing though how everyone just or almost just reached the Bolt’s top speed of 93mph, even with the winter washer fluid jugs and my 62 year old belly hanging over the seat belt 🤣
I always think of weight but then look down and realize I'm caring all the pounds slowing the car down. Lol!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts