Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car is so fun to drive!!! I can't wipe the grin off my face .No issues with seats for me. Little tight with the golf bag in there but I rarely have passengers. The battery likes the heat in AZ but need to be easy on the AC but with free charging at work I can deal with the reduced range. Checked into doing window tint. Going to go with Suntek CXP on the windows and 3M Crystalline for the windshield. Considering clear bra for the front to stop chips. I went to a local Chevy dealer to see about bow tie covers and removal of front plate holder. Had ten sales people going nuts over the car. First one they had seen. GM came out and told them to get back to work as they won't be seeing any for awhile :(.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
The only complaints I have about the car is the front seats and also fitting my golf clubs inside the car. I live in the central valley, so I might need to get some tinting done as well. The problem about the removal of the front plate holder is they had to drill through the car to attach it. You might need some plastic filler, sanding, and paint to make it look good. Those Volt oil changes every two years will seem annoying now ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
This car is so fun to drive!!! I can't wipe the grin off my face .No issues with seats for me. Little tight with the golf bag in there but I rarely have passengers. The battery likes the heat in AZ but need to be easy on the AC but with free charging at work I can deal with the reduced range. Checked into doing window tint. Going to go with Suntek CXP on the windows and 3M Crystalline for the windshield. Considering clear bra for the front to stop chips. I went to a local Chevy dealer to see about bow tie covers and removal of front plate holder. Had ten sales people going nuts over the car. First one they had seen. GM came out and told them to get back to work as they won't be seeing any for awhile :(.
I will be interested in your mileage report when it gets hot out. I live in Casa Grande and need about 175 miles to get to the Mayo Clinic and back. I think in the summer it might be awfully close.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I will be interested in your mileage report when it gets hot out. I live in Casa Grande and need about 175 miles to get to the Mayo Clinic and back. I think in the summer it might be awfully close.
I think you will be fine. The Bolt during hot temps seems to be much more efficient than cold temps, even using the air-conditioner. I travel 140 miles per day and run on hill-top reserve, only charging my car to about 88%. I get bad mileage because my whole trip is driving between 70 and 75 mph. When I hit bad traffic, my car would get 280 miles per full charge. The only issue you may have is if the battery degrades 20-30%. However, if you drive conservatively you should have no issue even with the air-conditioning blasting.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which Mayo? I live about 1 mile south of the hospital off 56th st and 101. I know they have chargers there so you should be good. Funny that it's 95 today and we don't consider that hot>:)

Reactions: nmikmik

·
Registered
36 Posts
Scottsdale. Where we live it is considered hot out when we can no longer have a cool shower! If I get up that way and you are available, could I look at your Bolt?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Scottsdale. Where we live it is considered hot out when we can no longer have a cool shower! If I get up that way and you are available, could I look at your Bolt?
Sent you a PM.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I tried my clubs in the trunk at the dealers as was disappointed they wouldn't fit (not even close!). Haven't got a Bolt YET but I am assuming you fold down single back seat and slide them in from trunk? I live in a "good" area but would probably cover them with a tarp, blanket, etc. when in town.

·
Registered
195 Posts
...The problem about the removal of the front plate holder is they had to drill through the car to attach it. You might need some plastic filler, sanding, and paint to make it look good.
:)Easy and quick fix. Lowe's sell an assortment of plastic plugs, real cheap. Remove the front plate holder, determine the number and size of plugs you need. Touch up paint and you're good to go.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
I tried my clubs in the trunk at the dealers as was disappointed they wouldn't fit (not even close!). Haven't got a Bolt YET but I am assuming you fold down single back seat and slide them in from trunk? I live in a "good" area but would probably cover them with a tarp, blanket, etc. when in town.
I have the same question. I leave my clubs in the car 24x7. My van they lay side ways behind the 3rd row seats. Bolt dimensions are to narrow so I'm assuming the same as you by lowering the smaller 40% seat back and store longitudinally (thank goodness for spell check).

·
Registered
134 Posts
:)Easy and quick fix. Lowe's sell an assortment of plastic plugs, real cheap. Remove the front plate holder, determine the number and size of plugs you need. Touch up paint and you're good to go.
Funny, when I got my Nissan Leaf back in 2015, they did the same thing. I was seriously pissed off that I had to go find a way to fix it. But I picked out a handful of plugs, and some silver touch up paint. I did have to repaint them every few months but nobody every noticed or commented on the odd 4-plug thing in my bumper.

So glad I got my Leaf before anyone could 'prep' it.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
I have the same question. I leave my clubs in the car 24x7. My van they lay side ways behind the 3rd row seats. Bolt dimensions are too narrow so I'm assuming the same as you by lowering the smaller 40% seat back and store longitudinally (thank goodness for spell check).
Tried a few options with the golf clubs. Since I haven't found any pictures, I'd post mine here.

Most obvious is to fold down the smaller back seat. But I got looks from the wife when she saw them in there. Then I tried to put sideways with the seat down. A little better, then I went to post and someone had mentioned on another thread to try lowering the false floor. Got the bag into the well with only irons in the bag. The driver I was able to barely fit diagonally with it just protruding out the edge of the cargo cover. But back seats are up and no one but me and the forum followers know that they are back there.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Tried a few options with the golf clubs. Since I haven't found any pictures, I'd post mine here.

Most obvious is to fold down the smaller back seat. But I got looks from the wife when she saw them in there. Then I tried to put sideways with the seat down. A little better, then I went to post and someone had mentioned on another thread to try lowering the false floor. Got the bag into the well with only irons in the bag. The driver I was able to barely fit diagonally with it just protruding out the edge of the cargo cover. But back seats are up and no one but me and the forum followers know that they are back there.
You could always just play short courses :) Or get a roof rack for your driver.

Wonder if removing the well cover and styrofoam thingy would give you enough room to go more vertically?

First world problems, eh?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Funny, when I got my Nissan Leaf back in 2015, they did the same thing. I was seriously pissed off that I had to go find a way to fix it. But I picked out a handful of plugs, and some silver touch up paint. I did have to repaint them every few months but nobody every noticed or commented on the odd 4-plug thing in my bumper.

So glad I got my Leaf before anyone could 'prep' it.
Err.. So glad I got my Bolt before anyone could 'prep' it.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Tried a few options with the golf clubs...continued
Discovered another variation after going to the grocery store. With bag (only irons), shoes, hat, etc.. in the lower compartment, was able to fit the longer clubs including the driver (barely) in the remaining upper hatch area. Lower the back seat to move the remaining long clubs out of the way for groceries. Definitely like having the clubs in the car where they can't be seen.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts