Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just passed 1 year with the Bolt! No major issues during the year. Replaced an unfixable tire and cracked windshield. A couple of screen lock ups but easy fix and had none since update at dealer. Still have only used home charger twice. Charging at work is great. Back to using AC as temps in the 90s here. Spring time range is back over 280 as battery loves the warm AZ air. Great car love the drive and acceleration. Can't wait to see what Chevy comes out with next. My build date 11/16.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Wow, can't wait for warmer temps here in Seattle either. If your AZ spring temps are a guage, I'll be hitting 280+ miles in June. :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I’m about two weeks from a year with mine, and it’s been likewise trouble free. The only problems have been software issues with the center screen, and a rattle that is still undiagnosed.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My wife is about at the 1 year mark with her Bolt with just north of 13K miles on the clock.

Observations:

Mileage estimates fully charged are now about 195 vs. the 238 we began with. I attribute this to winter temperatures over the last number of months combined with our collective leadfoot driving style.

Overall reliability was very good with no major issues.

Minor issues include:

Switch controlling opening the center console came undone and for some reason couldn't be reassembled from the parts (plastic switch and two springs). The dealership insisted on ordering a new switch and we got that finally installed.

Squeaky front seat had a new brace assembled into it. I thought it was just annoying but apparently there was a recall on this.

Software now at 14.5.0 as I insisted the dealer flash the car to the currently available revision. I don't know if this is the same thing we all got an email on today but my car is not on the list for an upgrade yet. But if so, GM is probably rolling them to customers over time rather than doing all at once (a method pioneered by TiVo).

Carpet is really cheap....I know the interior of the vehicle got short shrift but c'mon Chevy!

And for a dealership issue, when I went in for the 7500 mile checkup a while back,, the dealership put a sticker on the dashboard asking me to come back at 12,500 miles instead of the 15K point in the manual. Asking the dealership about this, apparently someone was thinking that was the point to recommend coming in for an oil change....in a car with no oil.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now 2 years. Here is my review ��

·
Registered
143 Posts
This "7500 mile checkup" of which y'all speak... my local Chevy dealer (where I purchased) says he's never heard of it.

Is this a US-only thing?

Have any Canadian owners had a free 7500-mile checkup?

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
This "7500 mile checkup" of which y'all speak... my local Chevy dealer (where I purchased) says he's never heard of it.

Is this a US-only thing?

Have any Canadian owners had a free 7500-mile checkup?
We get the "Chevrolet Complete Care" which covers 2 scheduled maintenance visits within 2 years or 24,000 miles. I believe the 7,500 miles is tied to their recommended tire rotation (p. 281 of my 2017 owner's manual).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts