Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the Video below, Bjorn states (2:25) that the racing stripes add 10 more horsepower to the Bolt. Can anyone confirm that? If true, wouldn't that also increase the range?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
He said "adds 10hp at least per stripe"... so it's actually quite a large increase!

Reactions: ai4px

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
.... and if you fill the tries w/helium it will make it both lighter and faster!

This is real next-gen thinking right here folks :laugh:

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
[adds a few cans of plastidip and painter's tape to weekend shopping list]

·
Registered
105 Posts
That was kinda fun to watch . (a bit long) but the last 10 or so min shows his passion and excitement.
I found it interesting to see the charge gauge showing "Time left to charge"

·
Registered
678 Posts
Fun to watch his attachment to the car. But did I understand correctly, he drove 387 miles on a single charge?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Fun to watch his attachment to the car. But did I understand correctly, he drove 387 miles on a single charge?
Yep. Amazing, huh?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yeh I am amazed at how much his speed affected range. I would have never guessed that it would add that much. So quick question, what speed is GM using when they advertise the max range of the Bolt? I automatically thought 60mph for some reason. And, does anyone know how much you would extend your range by driving 5 mph under that speed?

·
Registered
315 Posts
You just wait and see the plans I have for my Bolt, I bought some chrome door handle covers and high compression floor mats.

I'm positive with a racing stripe and those new shiny door handle covers, my Bolt will have 100 extra horse power.
GO BIG or GO HOME!

Dyno results to follow:

·
Registered
929 Posts
And, does anyone know how much you would extend your range by driving 5 mph under that speed?
I don't know exactly, but even 5 does make a huge difference up at 60+mph. 55 vs 60 is a huge. And 60 vs 65 even huger. I'm guessing it has to do with the frontal area of the Bolt. Shape looks pretty aero, but its a tall car.

And for a serious 10+hp improvement with the Bolt, all you have to do is keep the battery topped off. Its actually 20hp difference if you're talking a topped off car compared with a half full one.

I know this thread is for comedy, but this thing meets the specs of a "hot hatch" for sure. It may not have that boy racer shape, but it will smoke pretty much any hot hatch from years back. Maybe not so with a few of the nutty fast new models.. in any case its no slouch.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
As a prelude to sustainable transportation on Mars. SpaceX is making it's mini-booster available to BEV owners. "for off road use only" ( + hp guaranteed )

·
Registered
315 Posts
Just wait until someone comes up with chrome parts for under the hood, then we will see real horse power improvements.

Chrome valve covers and a chrome air cleaner will net you at least 50 horse power.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts