Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quite the compliment...logical too...

If the automaker can deliver, the Bolt could transform the prospects for widespread adoption of electric cars. The Bolt could be "the first mass-market EV success," said one industry veteran.

"A 200-mile EV range at about $30,000 in a crossover body shape is a killer combination," said John Krafcik, president of auto shopping company TrueCar Inc. and former chief executive of Hyundai Motor America. "You are looking at annual sales of 100,000 vehicles."

·
Registered
428 Posts
I think that it will be a battle between the Tesla Model III and the Chevy Bolt for this "first mass-market EV" title.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that it will be a battle between the Tesla Model III and the Chevy Bolt for this "first mass-market EV" title.
You must be kidding, frankly I would award that title to Nissan already for the efforts with the Leaf they broke through the 100,000 units sold barrier in January 2014, Tesla still hasn't reached HALF of that with the Model S.

Oh and speaking of Tesla, where exactly do you expect them to mass produce all these Model III's? Surely not from the single solitary facility in SoCal currently servicing the entire world...

I'll bank on GM's scale...

·
Registered
428 Posts
You must be kidding, frankly I would award that title to Nissan already for the efforts with the Leaf they broke through the 100,000 units sold barrier in January 2014, Tesla still hasn't reached HALF of that with the Model S.

Oh and speaking of Tesla, where exactly do you expect them to mass produce all these Model III's? Surely not from the single solitary facility in SoCal currently servicing the entire world...

I'll bank on GM's scale...
I suppose I was thinking more from the standpoint of Tesla making a more affordable EV vehicle. Something that is mainstream, but not so small like the Leaf is. You are right that Tesla does not have the scale, as much as Mr.Musk may wish that he does.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I suppose I was thinking more from the standpoint of Tesla making a more affordable EV vehicle. Something that is mainstream, but not so small like the Leaf is. You are right that Tesla does not have the scale, as much as Mr.Musk may wish that he does.
And whats interesting is that Teslas current manufacturing facilities were gifted to him/them. As of now they've not shown an ability to manufacture their own manufacturing facilities...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts