Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has this hooked up inside the bolt .. for like a laptop charger ..etc.

or .. is there one in the car that I just haven't discovered ? :)

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
No 120VAC outlet built in/hidden, and no factory option for it either.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Not sure I've ever seen a passenger car with a 120V plug. RVs, sure. But in a passenger car the usual way to do this is to buy a 12V inverter and plug it into the DC power port (colloquially known as the "cigarette lighter").
My former Ford CMax Energi had a 120v receptacle. Used it a few times to power my laptop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Be careful using a 12v to 120vac inverter in the Bolt. The accessory battery (12v) is pretty small. I don't know if the Bolt manual says anything about the power you can draw from an accessory plug, but I would check it out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My Bolt has a 120v plug for the rear passengers. i just plugged in my HP Laptop AC Adapter to see if it works and it does.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I don't have one. Can you post a pic

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure I've ever seen a passenger car with a 120V plug. RVs, sure. But in a passenger car the usual way to do this is to buy a 12V inverter and plug it into the DC power port (colloquially known as the "cigarette lighter").
the Mercedes ML series have 110v plugs in the rear seats, also Jeep has it too

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Our 2004 Sienna and 2016 Highlander Hybrid both had a 120V outlet (2 for the Sienna, in fact). Power was limited to about 120 watts.

Plugging a small inverter into the Bolt should be fine. The 12V system is powered via the high-voltage battery via a step down transformer while the car is on. The rating of the power socket is 20A, which means that the max power an inverter could supply is around 220 to 240 Watts.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My Bolt has a 120v plug for the rear passengers. i just plugged in my HP Laptop AC Adapter to see if it works and it does.
Already asked, but what are you talking about? There's a couple of USB 5 volt charging sockets, but no 120v outlets that I can see.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts