Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Sale: A set of Cadillac XT5 crossbars (GM p/n 84121220) to fit my 2017 Bolt EV. The mods and install is covered in this post:

I've had these for less than a year. They worked great with my roof basket. Then recently, I decided to mount two existing roof mounted bike racks with wide bases and found that with 2 adult bikes, the handlebars clashed. I made do by throwing one kid bike on the roof, but that won't last forever as my oldest is already outgrowing his bike. so, I bought a Thule roof rack setup with the length of the crossbar hanging beyond the podium foot, allowing me to put the bike racks further out than with the Caddy crossbars.

I will not ship these as they are heavier than they look (not to mention really long and bulky). I'm in the Pasadena area (SoCal). These will come with stainless steel hex head bolts instead of the steel bolts (T30) they originally came with which ensured that I would not get rust on my roof (my car is white).

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I fitted a pair of these to our Bolt, and they are excellent. Don't hesitate to buy if you need a roof rack!

Reactions: tk1971

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've had these for less than a year. They worked great with my roof basket. Then recently, I decided to mount two existing roof mounted bike racks with wide bases and found that with 2 adult bikes, the handlebars clashed.
I was considering using the Caddy roof bars as well. May I ask: had you tried mounting one bike tray backwards - would that have avoided the handlebar clash? I ask because I'm considering this and might find myself mounting two adult bikes to the roof as well.

I'd buy yours but unfortunately I'm on the east coast so they'd have to be shipped. :(

Thanks.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No worries, I’m sure someone who needs them will find them when things calm down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts