Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As with many, I was astounded that the Chevy Bolt didn't have as little as a piece of rubber on the dead pedal. I searched online and found the 3d printed ABS one on this forum for $30. While the product is surely great, I thought the price was a little steep....so I designed my own.

I have two models available; Battery Icon and Standard (dots like the brake pedal). The cost is ~$15 including shipping costs. They are made out of 1/8th black acrylic that are laser cut and engraved with velcro to secure it. The size is 4.25 by 7.5 inches.

Mine offers a few advantages over the other ones out there:
  • Quick delivery - Each one takes about an hour to make, clean, assemble, and ship
  • Water Proof - Made out of one piece of plastic, water can't penetrate!
  • Durable - Acrylic is somewhat flexible and should take the impact or pressure of a foot
  • Customization - Currently 2 options, but looking to create more. Please shoot me a message if you'd like to see a different color or design. I can pretty much engrave any word or design into it within reason without increasing the cost.
  • Storefront - Buying from a storefront has many benefits such as buyer protection and customer reviews

I'm too new of a user to post links; please search for "Blue House Paperworks" on etsy. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks

Great, just placed an order.

Thanks for making this available.

Thought about buying from earlier post, but always seemed a bit of a hassle to find how to actually place the order and then having to use only paypal.

More purchase options here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ordered mine yesterday - where is it? :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for the orders. All orders as of last night have been manufactured and will be in the mail later today weather depending.

I plan on making more items for my bolt in the future; I'll keep you guys posted. I'm thinking of making some Novelty Plates for my front license plate holder as well as some sort of sign for my charge door indicating if they can unplug.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Just ordered, thanks, I went for the “dot” version as it looked like it would be less slippery.

Also, there’s a Marketplace sub-forum, you may want to post there instead of the general discussion forum.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got mine in the mail this morning - looks great!

Now all I have to do is clean up the accumulated salt and gunk on the carpet and I'll install....

·
Registered
257 Posts
Just ordered the dots version. Thanks for making this.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven't found either one to be slippery in rain or snow but it could be how I keep my foot on it (heal on the ground, ball on the dead pedal). I think the slope and position of it helps. That said, they are acrylic, and I feel all plastic has the capability of being slippery.

I have had the dot version installed for 2 weeks and have yet to have an issue. I've heard from two battery owners in other forums that they haven't had issues with slipperiness either. I do want to try a few coats of plasti-dip on one, but they would retail for significantly higher.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Just got mine today, only took a few seconds to install.

This item is fairly short, only 7-1/2 inches tall, while the footrest area is about 11 inches high, so it doesn’t cover the entire footrest area, and if you rest the heel of your shoe at the bottom a good part of your shoe will be above the plastic plate.

I’ll try repositioning a bit higher for the best fit for me, but I should have checked the item size before ordering. I wouldn’t recommend this item.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got mine today, only took a few seconds to install.

This item is fairly short, only 7-1/2 inches tall, while the footrest area is about 11 inches high, so it doesn’t cover the entire footrest area, and if you rest the heel of your shoe at the bottom a good part of your shoe will be above the plastic plate.

I’ll try repositioning a bit higher for the best fit for me, but I should have checked the item size before ordering. I wouldn’t recommend this item.
I do apologize, we didn't mean to deceive anyone. I thought our dimensions and photos accurately portrayed its size. It was meant to be placed at the proper height for the drivers foot. That said, If you contact us through our Etsy store, I'm sure we could figure out the refund process if you pay return shipping.

Also, we have added a bigger option that just went available in dot pattern only for a few dollars more. It measures 4.25 by 10 inches and takes up the majority of the area.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I do apologize, we didn't mean to deceive anyone. I thought our dimensions and photos accurately portrayed its size. It was meant to be placed at the proper height for the drivers foot. That said, If you contact us through our Etsy store, I'm sure we could figure out the refund process if you pay return shipping.

Also, we have added a bigger option that just went available in dot pattern only for a few dollars more. It measures 4.25 by 10 inches and takes up the majority of the area.
Thanks, you certainly didn’t deceive me, I just didn’t pay attention to the overall size. I’d probably be interested in getting the larger version, and I’ll work something out with you through Etsy.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I received the 10 inch tall version today and it fits great and provides full coverage of the dead pedal area.

Thanks, Jenny, for a great product at a very reasonable cost.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.