Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I made an Acrylic Dead Pedal for my Bolt!

As with many, I was astounded that the Chevy Bolt didn't have as little as a piece of rubber on the dead pedal. I searched online and found the 3d printed ABS one on this forum for $30. While the product is surely great, I thought the price was a little steep....so I designed my own.

I have two models available; Battery Icon and Standard (dots like the brake pedal). The cost is ~$15 including shipping costs. They are made out of 1/8th black acrylic that are laser cut and engraved with velcro to secure it. The size is 4.25 by 7.5 inches.

Mine offers a few advantages over the other ones out there:
  • Quick delivery - Each one takes about an hour to make, clean, assemble, and ship
  • Water Proof - Made out of one piece of plastic, water can't penetrate!
  • Durable - Acrylic is somewhat flexible and should take the impact or pressure of a foot
  • Customization - Currently 2 options, but looking to create more. Please shoot me a message if you'd like to see a different color or design. I can pretty much engrave any word or design into it within reason without increasing the cost.
  • Storefront - Buying from a storefront has many benefits such as buyer protection and customer reviews
Without further ado:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/591342491/dead-pedal-cover-for-chevy-bolt?ref=shop_home_active_2

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While I don't think posting twice is spamming, I am sorry to have upset you. I only posted in this forum because someone told me to in the other.

I'll happily delete this one.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I believe the rules say you must be Listed as a Vendor if you are selling.

My issue is that this is the only thing that you are posting about and nothing about the Bolt. And this is the only reason you are posting here.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've lurked here for a bit, and just joined as a member last week. Being a bit harsh aren't you? I'm an active member on both the subreddit and facebook group. You are correct, I posted in the other forum to sell my dead pedal; but I barely break even on cost. I posted it here because I see people needing it, not because I'm making bank off making them.

But you choose to alienate me, so I'll leave.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts