Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I made an Acrylic Dead Pedal for my Bolt!

As with many, I was astounded that the Chevy Bolt didn't have as little as a piece of rubber on the dead pedal. I searched online and found the 3d printed ABS one on this forum for $30. While the product is surely great, I thought the price was a little steep....so I designed my own.

I have two models available; Battery Icon and Standard (dots like the brake pedal). The cost is ~$15 including shipping costs. They are made out of 1/8th black acrylic that are laser cut and engraved with velcro to secure it. The size is 4.25 by 7.5 inches.

Mine offers a few advantages over the other ones out there:
  • Quick delivery - Each one takes about an hour to make, clean, assemble, and ship
  • Water Proof - Made out of one piece of plastic, water can't penetrate!
  • Durable - Acrylic is somewhat flexible and should take the impact or pressure of a foot
  • Customization - Currently 2 options, but looking to create more. Please shoot me a message if you'd like to see a different color or design. I can pretty much engrave any word or design into it within reason without increasing the cost.
  • Storefront - Buying from a storefront has many benefits such as buyer protection and customer reviews

Without further ado:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/591342491/dead-pedal-cover-for-chevy-bolt?ref=shop_home_active_2

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've lurked here for a bit, and just joined as a member last week. Being a bit harsh aren't you? I'm an active member on both the subreddit and facebook group. You are correct, I posted in the other forum to sell my dead pedal; but I barely break even on cost. I posted it here because I see people needing it, not because I'm making bank off making them.

But you choose to alienate me, so I'll leave.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I bought the "dots XL" and it looks nice. However I ended up with the maxpider mats so I don't need this. Now its just sitting here.

Its yours FREE. Just pay shipping. PM me with interest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts