Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Taken from another GM-related forum)

Important: If built on or after 2/6/2017, this bulletin does not apply because it should have been built with updated software to address this.

Conditions:
Some customers may comment on any of the following concerns:

•Camera icon “grayed” out under 8 KPH.
•Some personalization options lost or changed such as favorite stations, source, screen color/theme, etc.
•Intermittent blank display on start-up that returns when shifted to reverse or key cycled.
•Vision camera stays on.
•Vision camera screen intermittently appears when a phone with Android Auto is plugged in instead of the Android Auto screen.
•Time on the top of the home screen and home widget do not match.
•No audio after unplugging a phone with Apple CarPlay.
•The radio may reset following a bluetooth phone call

Correction: A software update for the A11 Radio released on Feb 6 2017 is to be applied via TIS2WEB's USB Copy/ USB File Transfer updating method (not via DLC SPS programming)

My Bolt is in the shop anyways to fix up the body damage recently suffered, so I'll ask that they also perform this update too.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Not too sure but thanks for posting this up here. At least we know that they know, so just with walking in and telling them the symptoms, there's a fix now

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not too sure but thanks for posting this up here. At least we know that they know, so just with walking in and telling them the symptoms, there's a fix now
I think with the bulletin #, that should be all you need to have them look it up in their system and apply the update.
Probably good to print out the whole thing though.

·
Super Moderator
787 Posts
I have to bring my car into to get the LKA camera swapped out and am going to have them do the software update at the same time.

I've definitely been bit by some of the bugs listed.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Correction: A software update for the A11 Radio released on Feb 6 2017 is to be applied via TIS2WEB's USB Copy/ USB File Transfer updating method (not via DLC SPS programming)

My Bolt is in the shop anyways to fix up the body damage recently suffered, so I'll ask that they also perform this update too.
[/INDENT]
Hello bro and dev - Please let me know if you get a software version number on the update you're requesting. When my Bolt was in the shop recently, I asked whether any update was available, and they said no. I have v13.4.0, and was built long before Feb 6, so I would think I should have an update available. I suspect that Chevy updated the software while leaving the version number unchanged, which would be both deceptive and sloppy. But it's hard to know for sure, because they seem unwilling or unable to tell me much of anything about the software.

Thanks!

·
Banned
350 Posts
Mine was built week of Feb. 14, so should have the update.

Unfortunately, today when I turned the car on, the center display was dead and black.

I power-cycled the car a couple of times, and tried Home+FF buttons, but no joy.

It finally came back on when I held Home+FF while starting the car.

Must be running Windows...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello bro and dev - Please let me know if you get a software version number on the update you're requesting. When my Bolt was in the shop recently, I asked whether any update was available, and they said no. I have v13.4.0, and was built long before Feb 6, so I would think I should have an update available. I suspect that Chevy updated the software while leaving the version number unchanged, which would be both deceptive and sloppy. But it's hard to know for sure, because they seem unwilling or unable to tell me much of anything about the software.

Thanks!
I think this fix is via a USB port dealer update only. I have no idea what is updated on the over-the-air updates. Mine was built in November and is running 13.4.0 and I am pretty sure that is what it delivered with.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Has anyone by chance discovered a way to install this update yourself? If not, have you just been able to do a drop-in service appointment for them to quickly perform the update?

It's sad this can't be delivered via the OTA update mechanism they have available for the car. Perhaps this initial update is required before it works as expected going forward.

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Super Moderator
2,561 Posts
I wonder if it makes a difference between trim levels? I just picked up my Bolt last week, but I checked and it was built in November. I guess it's been sitting around a bit. I have an LT and not a Premier, so I don't have the vision camera.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm going to get the update to see if it fixes some glitches.. I'm curious if it helps with the Nexus 6p Keypass not linking.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts