Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A twin cities dealer has a Bolt now on display for "viewing". Test drives will be available after the Minneapolis Auto Show next month. Deliveries of orders are not expected to arrive here until very end of August or first part of September. Interesting deliveries to Norway are expected in June and are said to be priced about 3K less than in the US.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Been noticing that at every autoshow Chevy has been to, holding test drives has been their default approach which is just about the best way to reach out to people.

Only downside is out of all the shows they had test drives at, finding feedback from those test drives is rare. Maybe Chevy could have influenced that end of it.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
You'd think the Bolt will be sold around the states first before hitting global markets since they're being produced at the General Motors Orion Assembly Plant in Orion Township. Guess it's because Norway is trying to go gas free soon.

·
Registered
735 Posts
You'd think the Bolt will be sold around the states first before hitting global markets since they're being produced at the General Motors Orion Assembly Plant in Orion Township. Guess it's because Norway is trying to go gas free soon.
Many reasons out there for them to take the sort of action they did. So once you look at that broad scale of things then you should find your answer. Over the years launches on EV's have been quite sensitive which tells me that GM has some very good reasons for going that route.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have it here at Rosedale Chevrolet located in Roseville Minnesota.
We do have 2 "Certified Bolt EV experts on staff. Dave and Roger

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What dealer in Minnesota has the Bolt on display? I would like to check it out.
Sorry about the delay not logged in or been keeping up lately. Yes, Rosedale Chev in Roseville. They've a to-do this eve where you might get a chance to drive their's or, ride in it. Then they take it to Auto Show. They want deposit for Sept delivery. They been trained at GM meetings and must be experts and prob never driven it.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
That's not always the case, I think I've read a few good dealer experiences on the forum here but there's still the stigma of EVs not making ask much money for the salespeople as ICE vehicles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have successfully purchased the first Chevy Bolt I believe in Minnesota. I had to go through my local Chevy Dealership and they coordinated with their sister Dealership in California to make it happen; they delivered it to my Dealership en route to California and it was done out the kindness of a salesman as I don't think he gets the sale but the California salesman does. I have had it now for two days and the thing is amazing. Love it!!!

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
I have successfully purchased the first Chevy Bolt I believe in Minnesota. I had to go through my local Chevy Dealership and they coordinated with their sister Dealership in California to make it happen; they delivered it to my Dealership en route to California and it was done out the kindness of a salesman as I don't think he gets the sale but the California salesman does. I have had it now for two days and the thing is amazing. Love it!!!
Nice! Welcome to the forums! It must be somebody who hates the Minnesota winters, so they bought a dealership in California too. :laugh:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We not had any luck after talking to 3 Twin Cities dealers. Would really appreciate your sharing the dealer who helped you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The guy is Aaron Plafcan from Gilleland Chevy. I asked him today if it is okay to disclose this info on the forum and he gave the approval. Nice guy and helped me out from the get go. 400 miles into driving mine and love this **** car. It is fast, getting 4.1 kw/mile right now in the tail end of MN winter which is comparable to my efficiency in a Nissan leaf.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
They're popping up in MN now - Dave Troy (sales) at Rosedale Chevrolet has one - And a bunch on order.
Yep, they will be available nation wide and in numbers. The challenge now is to get people outside of EV enthusiasts to buy them so they can sell in numbers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Received email last night that wife's Bolt is at Rosedale, just waiting for the email that says come and get it. Noticed that Rosedale inventory has shown at least five Bolts coming in and going out so there are Bolts running around the Mpls area.:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts