Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Chevy Bolt LT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my 2012 Volt got written off in an accident I decided to get a 2020 Bolt EV. I loved my Volt and wasn’t sure if giving up the range extender was the right choice given my 60km one way commute in cold winter conditions, but with free workplace charging and the big battery in the Bolt it has proven to have plenty of range. I have it set to charge to 90% away and 80% at home but I haven’t had to charge at home yet. I have been charging to 100% at work on Fridays to balance the cells and give me more range for weekends although we aren’t going too far these days with all the Covid-19 restrictions. I love the larger interior size of the Bolt and my kids love the extra headroom and foot room in the back. I find the front seats comfy for me and the extra torque is a plus. Passing on the highway seams much safer with the instant torque. The Volt always had a delay between clutching from 2 motor to 1 motor mode when punching the accelerator. The only thing I miss is the Bose stereo in my Volt. I thought it sounded great. The stock stereo in the LT is the only thing I wish I could upgrade to the Bose system.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Congrats. Welcome to the playpen! The sound system was the least of my concerns, but all the other Premier bells and whistles are great. Parking is precise and easy with the simulated "overhead" view! Did you get the fast-charge option for DC Level 2 charging?

·
Registered
2020 Chevy Bolt LT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats. Welcome to the playpen! The sound system was the least of my concerns, but all the other Premier bells and whistles are great. Parking is precise and easy with the simulated "overhead" view! Did you get the fast-charge option for DC Level 2 charging?
Thanks for the warm welcome!
In Canada the LT comes with DCFC.
it also has Safety 1 and safety 2 options but no surround view cams for reversing. That was only on the premier. The HD cam is nice though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts