Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Californians can now order a 2016 Chevy Volt. Production of the 2016 Chevrolet Volt will begin in August for California deliveries. This is according to official dealer slides that found their way onto the internet.

The following states will be able to order a 2016 Chevy Volt starting August 27th: Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island and Vermont. The whole nation will be able to order in October, and those vehicles will enter production in November.

The 2016 Chevy Volt will be priced starting from $33,995 before federal or state incentives.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/05/californians-can-order-a-2016-chevrolet-volt.html

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think its partly because they have such a huge subsidy program for EVs. They know they will sell there, so the first ones they can produce they release to California so that they can start making money as soon as possible.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I think its partly because they have such a huge subsidy program for EVs. They know they will sell there, so the first ones they can produce they release to California so that they can start making money as soon as possible.
yeah

maps like the following really show their impact compared to all the other states:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
West coast is on the cutting edge here. And Georgia is also doing pretty well which surprises me a bit.

They should sell them in Washington state as well early it seems. Washington isn't even in the second phase.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Probably safe to say growth will take place in all the more populated areas, it'll take a while for the middle to catch up.

·
Registered
264 Posts
West coast is on the cutting edge here. And Georgia is also doing pretty well which surprises me a bit.

They should sell them in Washington state as well early it seems. Washington isn't even in the second phase.
Georgia is becoming a hot sport for foreign manufacturers which is why I think you see them getting friendly with EV's. Mercedes just moved to Atlanta and IIRC Porsche is already there...

·
Registered
639 Posts
Makes sense, EV's will be the next biggest thing as it seems, and being friendly with EV's payed off for some states, they might as well follow suit.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How does Georgia being a hot spot for foreign manufacturers lead to them being friendly with EVs? I don't see the connection.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts