Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Chevy Volt had a great time at the LA Auto Show, finishing up the show by getting awarded the 2016 Green Car of the Year. This marks the first time a vehicle has ever won this award in two successive model generations.

The award was given to recognize improvements in the Volt from its sporty design and its increased range.

The Volt beat out competitors like the Toyota Prius, Honda Civic, Hyundai Sonata, and Audi A3 E-Tron.

The first time the Volt received this award was back in 2011 so it has been five years since the car was originally honored. With the impressive competition in the field this year, the Volt’s title of Green Car of the Year is quite an achievement.
http://news.boldride.com/2015/11/2016-chevrolet-volt-green-car-of-the-year/94645/

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure there will be competitors other than just the Model 3, but maybe you guys are right. I wonder if any fuel cell vehicles could compete for the title next year.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm sure there will be other competitors but I think the Bolt's main competitor will be the Model 3. Not sure about hydrogen though. I think the upcoming hydrogen cars are hybrids and not running purely on hydrogen only.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Mirai is a four door, mid-size sedan that competes with traditional internal combustion engines. But the best part is, it doesn’t use gasoline. The Mirai is powered by a fuel cell electric drivetrain.
No, the Mirai only uses hydrogen. No gasoline at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts