Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recorded every charge with my L2, 32A charger since 6-2-2019. Below are the stats for those who are curious.

Charging Information
Total charges: 32, miles added: 3030, miles driven: 3774 (includes L1 charges not recorded)
Average Air Temp: 53 degrees F, low: 39, high: 79 (Pacific Northwest Climate)

Torque Pro Data
Capacity Average: 57.2, Current Reported Capacity: 58.7, Lowest Reported: 54.8, Highest Reported: 58.8 on 5-17-21
Average Battery Temp: 54.5 (recorded at start of charging which is typical early evening)

Here are a few interesting points of charging that show the variability of capacity estimations with different air and battery temps.

54.8 (8.67% loss) on 11-27-2019. The air temp at start of charge was 42, battery temp 59.0
(4.5% loss) on 3-15-2020. The air temp at start of charge was 40, battery temp 39.2
(2.00 % loss) on 5-17-2020. The air temp at start of charge was 62, battery temp 59.0

After one year I am very satisfied with my Bolt LT and have no regrets about dumping my Subaru Crosstrek for it. I've yet to experience any limitations and there has only been a few glitches with the electronics, one being the rear camera staying on for a couple of minutes while in "D" drive mode, the other was the screen disappearing for a minute and rebooting. Neither issue prevented me from safely driving and neither has appeared again so I'll chock them up to Ghosts in the Machine!

The most impressive feat from my Bolt was getting un-stuck after backing off the pavement edge at a local mountain trailhead parking lot. I am so used to Subaru's AWD never getting stuck that I gave the Bolt a very low chance of getting out, in fact I almost didn't try. Both rear wheels were off the edge of the pavement as shown in the photo! The traction control worked perfectly and was key to getting un-stuck. In the photo below you can see the sharp drop off which was about 6-7 inches. One side hit the axle beam, which I recall was the shock mount. I am glad it has a robust rear suspension as there was no signs of damage and no change in how it drives.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IIRC, following backing up, the rear camera does not go off with shifting, but with moving forward greater than 5 (or 15) mph.
Maybe so, but this was clearly a glitch as I was going up a hill and was going over 15 mph. It's never happened again so I am not too concerend about it.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
168 Posts
Great stats — thanks for the info. Definitely learned a few things about the Bolt, getting unstuck and your charging record keeping is great. And also learned that it’s much cooler in Seattle. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts