Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Chevrolet’s EV Chief Engineer, Josh Tavel, has recently given the Chris at Slash Gear a walkthrough of the Bolt EV’s interior bells and whistles that could come with the production model. The Bolt’s interior technology is all about surprising and delighting the driver with mobile connectivity, infotainment customization and functions to make your life easier.

Shuto has already mentioned this but the Chevy Bolt comes with a rear view mirror that doubles as a rear camera display so blocking off your rear windshield with extra luggage will no longer be a problem. Every time you flip the switch that rear view mirror will change to either a regular mirror or a widescreen LCD, going from 20° to 80° field of vision.

As shown in the walkthrough, there’s all kinds of nooks and crannies for your electric devices. Underneath the floating instrument panel is a little pocket for your phone so you no longer have to put it in the cup holder, under the arm rest is a tablet storage space where you can charge your tablet, and of course the rectangular slot is also for your phone.

Of course, what’s an electric car without mobile connectivity. In the center console are USB ports with CarPlay and Andriod Auto that you can connect to along with a low energy Bluetooth system called Key Pass. This Bluetooth system will allow you to pair your mobile device with the car from a certain distance thus cutting down the wait time between getting into the car and establishing the connection.

Now we’ve come to the fun part, the Infotainment display’s widget customization function! You can choose from a few pre-set screen displays (standard, family or eco layout) or you can custom create a layout with a maximum of 4 widgets blocks available. Access to your most commonly used widgets will be at the tip of your fingertips.

And now here’s the Chevrolet Bolt EV walkthrough for your enjoyment.

·
Registered
428 Posts
So often with these systems they have problems when a new vehicle comes out. I'll be paying attention when the Bolt comes out to see if it actually works properly and is reliable.

·
Registered
639 Posts
This being a big deal for Chevy I have a feeling they'll make sure support and turn around time is sufficient. Even if we have problems, the response we see from them here could be the best it gets.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I wonder how GM technicians will be differently trained or hired since cars are becoming so electric instead of internal combustion engine powered. Seems like it would be a job for an electric engineer or a computer programmers.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I wonder how GM technicians will be differently trained or hired since cars are becoming so electric instead of internal combustion engine powered. Seems like it would be a job for an electric engineer or a computer programmers.
It isn't that complex. Most servicing training is a series of steps and jobs to check what is wrong and what to replace. The techs don't need to really learn how it works to replace, just like the homeowner knows how to replace a bad lightbulb without knowing how it work or made. I own several GM service manuals for my vehicles, and I see these steps which are quite easy to follow. No enginers or programmers are required! BTW, I am an EE, system programmer, instructor, and trainer.;)

·
Registered
786 Posts
By December, the 2017 Chevy Bolt EV Owner Manual should be available in print, so anyone who is worried if this EV is too complex to operate can read the manual and later decide if they can buy it. I did this for the 2011 Chevy Volt and the 2014 Chevy Spark EV, and found them very different from gas engine cars, but actually easier to operate and to schedule maintenance (some fluids are changed at 96,000 miles or ten years!) The Bolt EV will be as simple as the Spark EV.

·
Registered
12 Posts

Chevrolet’s EV Chief Engineer, Josh Tavel, has recently given the Chris at Slash Gear a walkthrough of the Bolt EV’s interior bells and whistles that could come with the production model. The Bolt’s interior technology is all about surprising and delighting the driver with mobile connectivity, infotainment customization and functions to make your life easier.

Shuto has already mentioned this but the Chevy Bolt comes with a rear view mirror that doubles as a rear camera display so blocking off your rear windshield with extra luggage will no longer be a problem. Every time you flip the switch that rear view mirror will change to either a regular mirror or a widescreen LCD, going from 20° to 80° field of vision.

As shown in the walkthrough, there’s all kinds of nooks and crannies for your electric devices. Underneath the floating instrument panel is a little pocket for your phone so you no longer have to put it in the cup holder, under the arm rest is a tablet storage space where you can charge your tablet, and of course the rectangular slot is also for your phone.

Of course, what’s an electric car without mobile connectivity. In the center console are USB ports with CarPlay and Andriod Auto that you can connect to along with a low energy Bluetooth system called Key Pass. This Bluetooth system will allow you to pair your mobile device with the car from a certain distance thus cutting down the wait time between getting into the car and establishing the connection.

Now we’ve come to the fun part, the Infotainment display’s widget customization function! You can choose from a few pre-set screen displays (standard, family or eco layout) or you can custom create a layout with a maximum of 4 widgets blocks available. Access to your most commonly used widgets will be at the tip of your fingertips.

And now here’s the Chevrolet Bolt EV walkthrough for your enjoyment.

One pedal driving . I just this past evening saved a young deer’s life and damage to my beloved Bolt with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts