Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now Chevrolet has journalists down in California getting in some one-on-one with Bolts, looking through what's happening on social media I found this interesting bit:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
That's a pretty cool view of the Bolt's frame material, most of the time we just see renderings of it and not in real life with paint indicators. Looking at the front crumple zone, I can't tell if it's made of aluminium or steel.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a pretty cool view of the Bolt's frame material, most of the time we just see renderings of it and not in real life with paint indicators. Looking at the front crumple zone, I can't tell if it's made of aluminium or steel.
Yup.

It's things like this which help in us developing a greater understanding of whats going on. But I think this only happened with the media just to help on that creative end. Easy to do that when they have R&D versions of the Bolt or any other vehicle.

What interests me most is how this will look once they get around to working in carbon fiber with maybe a next generation Bolt.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I doubt they'll use a substantial amount of carbon fiber in the next gen Bolt, maybe as accent pieces and not in the structure itself. That stuff is expensive and won't help with making an affordable EV which is what the Bolt is. Currently most of it is steel and I can't see them changing that anytime soon.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
What in the world is this all about? Why is this technical display in somebody's garage? Why did they hang a bunch of LED robotic lights and we still can't see the car frame??

Weird.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Great video Electro! Very techie --- I like the detail!
Many answers to the tech questions circulating in this forum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Right now Chevrolet has journalists down in California getting in some one-on-one with Bolts, looking through what's happening on social media I found this interesting bit:

Thats really nice picture of the bolt chassis.
Also, I liked the video techniques too.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its just too bad they never gave any more insight than that since it would make owners and potential owners appreciate it more. Often its when you develop a greater appreciation for a product that you get that much closer to buying.... and this is just the start for GM, more EV's down the line.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts