Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I looked up what pre-production is and Chevy is doing it to make sure their factory assembly line is getting the car quality right, a test for the plant's new tools and such. The retail production cars, ones we can buy, are said to start being produced near the end of this year.

Still a long while to wait but maybe these pre-production Bolts will make their way around the dealerships for potential buyer test drives?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Typically i noticed only people who work for the brand being able to drive them and get inside, as well as those from publications reviewing it.

So we might see a lot of that exposure going on which will do the Bolt some good in building up interest and priming people to buy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hype is always a good thing. I expect that reviews will come out in the near future and Chevy will be trying to show that the Bolt is both practical and affordable.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Think those pre production models have all the features available installed? Makes sense to give journalists a fully kitted out car. Also can't wait for someone to test out the mileage on it. We hear about the numbers but nothing from outside of Chevy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked up what pre-production is and Chevy is doing it to make sure their factory assembly line is getting the car quality right, a test for the plant's new tools and such. The retail production cars, ones we can buy, are said to start being produced near the end of this year.

Still a long while to wait but maybe these pre-production Bolts will make their way around the dealerships for potential buyer test drives?
It is indeed going to be a long wait, which I guess I don't mind so much. I'm not planning to buy another car anytime soon, still checking other models for now.

I do hope the bolt makes their way to the dealership for test drive.

Are you looking to get a new car soon or planning?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Typically i noticed only people who work for the brand being able to drive them and get inside, as well as those from publications reviewing it.

So we might see a lot of that exposure going on which will do the Bolt some good in building up interest and priming people to buy.
For sure!

I hope they post their reviews soon when they get their hands on one.

Looking forward to see what they think of the actual car.

Are you thinking of getting the bolt too?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I'm planning on a new car and I want an electric one but not in too much of a rush since my gas car is still running fine. Sure the charger will cost me a good chunk of change but once that's isntalled I can charge my car cheaply at home along with any future electric cars I plan to purchase.

I can wait but that doesn't mean I'm not excited for the new Bolt and hanging onto every new piece of info coming out.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I'm planning on a new car and I want an electric one but not in too much of a rush since my gas car is still running fine. Sure the charger will cost me a good chunk of change but once that's isntalled I can charge my car cheaply at home along with any future electric cars I plan to purchase.

I can wait but that doesn't mean I'm not excited for the new Bolt and hanging onto every new piece of info coming out.
Probably best to stick to your gasoline vehicle especially if you don't have to make any more payments to it, just maintaining it you'll save far more money in the end, beats always having to make a monthly payment.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hype is always a good thing. I expect that reviews will come out in the near future and Chevy will be trying to show that the Bolt is both practical and affordable.
For sure. Until more reviews come out and cars available for test drives, we'll know if it's what they say it is.

But so far, I like the concept.:D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

What made you change your mind and want to switch from gas to electric?

Will you cost you alot in terms of your electricity bill?

Same here, I'm trying to seek more info about the car first.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Probably best to stick to your gasoline vehicle especially if you don't have to make any more payments to it, just maintaining it you'll save far more money in the end, beats always having to make a monthly payment.
or he could sell his gas car and go for electric :D but yeah... financing a new car all over again sucks. I assume it'll cost less to own electric car versus gas?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts