Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Nissan Leaf has been by far unbeatable..

The report even added on to cite that the forthcoming the 2017 Nissan Leaf has the capability to surpass Tesla's EV's. Furthermore, other noted specs are the increased speed of the electric vehicle, and the newest Nissan Leaf is thought to have at least two battery options, wherein the first would be for the 100-125 miles range while the larger, second option will be 160-200 miles, noted on the same post.

It has already been affirmed that positive outcomes are forecast to dominate the sales sector of Nissan Leaf series as well as the other EV's like the Tesla and Chevy Bolt, but as for the entire outcome, it remains uncertain, as previously reported by Auto World News.
Watch the video below and find out who takes the prize between the 2017 Chevy Bolt vs 2016 Nissan Leaf EV:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I don't see the 200 mile option on the Nissan website. The Leaf SV only has a 107 Mile Range for $34,200 MSRP. May as well pay a bit more and get the Bolt for more range.

·
Registered
639 Posts
One rival to look out for soon in this segment is the Apple car, it's going to reveal soon and knowing how good Apple is at getting people into products, it could be something that easily outpaces the Leaf, Bolt, even Tesla's Model 3. Plus when last have you seen a Nissan Leaf?

I've seen way more Model S's than Leaf's.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Apple is a wild card and when their vehicle does come out, you can be sure that they'll be charging a premium for them. Would I really trust Apple with my life when they're automotive production capabilities are still unproven? No. And if their crappy phone and iOS system is any indication, I don't want my life in their semi autonomous hands.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
In terms of range, only Tesla can compete with the Bolt right now. Sure there are other EVs out there that are cheaper but they don't have the same or similar range tot he top contenders. We haven't' seen much from other manufacturers either when it comes to long range electric vehicles. They've come out with sub 200 mile models and hybrids.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Isn't Nissan thinking of coming out with a new electric vehicle with a drive range as long as if not better than the Bolt? I'd compare that to the Bolt when it does finally come out but that is going to be years down the road.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Isn't Nissan thinking of coming out with a new electric vehicle with a drive range as long as if not better than the Bolt? I'd compare that to the Bolt when it does finally come out but that is going to be years down the road.
Nissan will certainly have the LEAF 2.0 out, and it is/was scheduled to be a 2017 MY car. It was rumored to be a 150 mile car, but don't think that's going to cut it, so they may be back to the drawing board.
Nissan is in a much different position that Chevy (or Tesla) - if they announce a refreshed LEAF with much more capability, the bottom will drop (further) out of existing sales. We saw that last year before the 30 kWh version was released, and it will be much more dramatic if they:
A) double the range of the current model
B) give the dated design a much needed refresh that looks a bit more like a "normal" car.
I expect to see both of those, so who would buy a current LEAF unless it was very deeply discounted from current prices? Nissan will delay any announcement/details on their next generation BEV as long as they possibly can.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Nissan has another electric platform in the works that isn't the Leaf but we probably won't see it until years later. The platform could be used for SUV/crossover or maybe even a sports car. The new Leaf is what's coming out in the near future. People probably won't pay too much attention to the Leaf once the Bolt and Model 3 is out.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Nissan will certainly have the LEAF 2.0 out, and it is/was scheduled to be a 2017 MY car. It was rumored to be a 150 mile car, but don't think that's going to cut it, so they may be back to the drawing board.
Nissan is in a much different position that Chevy (or Tesla) - if they announce a refreshed LEAF with much more capability, the bottom will drop (further) out of existing sales. We saw that last year before the 30 kWh version was released, and it will be much more dramatic if they:
A) double the range of the current model
B) give the dated design a much needed refresh that looks a bit more like a "normal" car.
I expect to see both of those, so who would buy a current LEAF unless it was very deeply discounted from current prices? Nissan will delay any announcement/details on their next generation BEV as long as they possibly can.
The current Leaf is already heavily discounted, Nissan may as well just come out with a newly updated one with more range and try to take some of the sales from Tesla and Chevy as soon as possible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts