Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So while setting up my new bolt two options caught my attention which I thought folks here would be interested

1. I see in the other thread that many bolt owners are updating the software to version 14.2.4. My bolt has a software version number 25.7.0. That is a huge jump from the version people here’s think is the most current.

2. There also seem to be an option to enable/disable ‘download updates in background’. Is this a precursor to the upcoming OTA updates?

Thoughts?

BTW, the car is amazing to drive.

Cheers.
Darsh

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Interesting. I wonder if there is a difference in software between the US and Canada? Maybe you guys north of the border get different software? I believe that Chevy has said in the past that they do intend to do OTA updates eventually, but they are not doing it now. It makes sense that the systems are in place for that eventual day.

·
Registered
233 Posts
The 2017s up here have the same software versions as those reported by US owners, so the version 25 is a 2018 thing and may be particular to the CDN market.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think that the 25.X.X is a MY2018 specific operating software designation.

This youtube video uploaded by a Bolt owner in Vancouver Canada shows his 2017 updated with the 14.X.X software.

https://youtu.be/8KJxZOkwV7M

·
Registered
3 Posts
I own a 2017 and 2018 bolt. The 2017 just had the update to version 14 and the new 2018 came preloaded with the 25.7.0 software.
Washington state BTW. I'm not exactly what the differences are as I just got the 2018.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I wouldn't put it past GM to have made some significant (but unadvertised) changes between the 2017 and 2018 model years.

The only reason I could see for that difference in software is a significant difference in hardware. Anyone charge a 2018 Bolt EV on faster than 125 A DC fast chargers?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own a 2017 and 2018 bolt. The 2017 just had the update to version 14 and the new 2018 came preloaded with the 25.7.0 software.
Washington state BTW. I'm not exactly what the differences are as I just got the 2018.
My 2018 also came with 25.7.0 pre-loaded. Based upon the initial posting in this thread, this version of the software is at least 7 months old. How do Bolt owners know that they have the latest version of the software/firmware? Do we simply wait for Chevy to auto-update in their own due time? (My Bolt connects to Wi-Fi when parked at home in my garage.)

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
My 2018 also came with 25.7.0 pre-loaded. Based upon the initial posting in this thread, this version of the software is at least 7 months old. How do Bolt owners know that they have the latest version of the software/firmware? Do we simply wait for Chevy to auto-update in their own due time? (My Bolt connects to Wi-Fi when parked at home in my garage.)
We can wait for an over the air update or go to the dealer for an update.

As far as knowing what is the latest, this forum and its members are a good source.

The 2018 has a different version number than the 2017 that most every else is talking about.

https://www.chevybolt.org/forum/422663-post8.html

Don't recall anyone talking about a newer version. 2018 was subject to the propulsion module update recall that only the dealer can perform.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts