Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Downloaded .pdf of Canadian 2018 budget. Had a look for some data on this, and did not find much.

Page 353 of 369 calls out an update to the 2017 budget at 30M for 2018-19 in Table A2.18 .

No details.

This is not really much to chew on... does anyone else have something more interesting?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I saw that “green infrastructure” piece on table 2.18 as well. Yes it doesn’t divulge much.

Overall it stuck me as being more of a glide-along, humanistic budget without anything startling economy-wise.

This article in the Globe on Feb.20th suggested there has been lobbying going on for the Feds to do something on the EV front:
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/rep...t-electric-car-sales-in-2017/article38027017/

But given where the whole EV incentive thing is today, both here and in the States. I can understand why our federal government might see that it’s just to much of a piss-pot to get involved at the present time.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I saw that “green infrastructure” piece on table 2.18 as well. Yes it doesn’t divulge much.

Overall it stuck me as being more of a glide-along, humanistic budget without anything startling economy-wise.

This article in the Globe on Feb.20th suggested there has been lobbying going on for the Feds to do something on the EV front:
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/rep...t-electric-car-sales-in-2017/article38027017/

But given where the whole EV incentive thing is today, both here and in the States. I can understand why our federal government might see that it’s just to much of a piss-pot to get involved at the present time.

If there were 18,564 electric vehicles sold in Canada in 2017 by G'nM report, and we assume ~$45,000 each, then an average ~13% GST rebate by Federal incentive would put it at about 108M in "lost" revenue. Maybe the 30M is for infrastructure only?

I also noticed that the 30M is actually split for 2018-19, 2019-20 like the NHL season eh.

I wonder if any GST rebate would be the old 'first come first served' deal. Also wonder about retroactive and how far back...

Maybe the 30M is just for larger cottages, larger boats and larger boat docks? :)

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Yes, I’m just now penning a letter to my MP: let’s see if we can boost that $30M ? in order to give: GST rebate retroactive to January 2017 on BEV’s up to MSRP of $52k, subsidize hwy 407 tolls so that BEV's with a green license plate gets no billing for 407 tolls, and free unlimited parking for BEV’s (up to $52k MSRP) in downtown T.O. Oh yes, and big serviced boat docks installed by Parks Canada on the upper Trent Severn heading towards the bay..:eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts