Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Having immense fun driving this car to work in the Seattle area. I personalized my plate DZZZZZT. This car is a huge step up from the 2015 Leaf I drove for three years. Winters got scary as the range created anxiety to the Nth Degree. Now I drive all over the Seattle area without fear of running out of juice. Sometimes I think it just goes and goes without drain. I like to listen to web-based music like SOMAFM or streamed podcasts via my SmaFo so I like Bluetooth a lot. I have issues with Android Auto being counter-intuitive and it becomes a huge distraction, which I will not have as I am a very attentive and principled driver.
I really love the Lemon-Lime Shock! color of my car. It matches my aggressive style. I also love the amazing acceleration on the highway where I can jet out of pinches and zoom around road-zombies.
I have one HUGE beef with Chevrolet in how this car was designed. For a while, I would NOT consider this car for this design....The Turn Signals and Back-up lights are mounted in the bumper cover. Due to no fault of my own, I can get rear-ended and lose important lights for the safe operation of my vehicle. Why Chevy, Why? Did you do that to The Cruise? ... The Equinox? Is this an "anti-electric bias?" A form of passive aggression by ICE-favoring execs?
I would relish seeing Chevrolet make this right in the 2021 model and beyond.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have one HUGE beef with Chevrolet in how this car was designed. For a while, I would NOT consider this car for this design....The Turn Signals and Back-up lights are mounted in the bumper cover. Due to no fault of my own, I can get rear-ended and lose important lights for the safe operation of my vehicle. Why Chevy, Why? Did you do that to The Cruise? ... The Equinox? Is this an "anti-electric bias?" A form of passive aggression by ICE-favoring execs?
If people would drive PROPERLY this is not a problem at all. When stopped, by LAW, you must be at least ONE FULL CAR LENGTH behind the car in front of you....giving you FULL VIEW of the car of the car in front of you. You may be too young to remember this but cars used that design for a LONG time back in the 70's 80's and 90's and it was not a problem then...and it is not a problem now.

The design is not the problem. The problem is people that DON'T FOLLOW THE ROAD REGULATIONS.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
When stopped, by LAW, you must be at least ONE FULL CAR LENGTH behind the car in front of you.
Is that a Canadian law? I don't recall ever coming across this before. Left hand turn lanes aren't accommodating to everyone being one full car length back. Leaves the cars in back of the turning lane hanging out and blocking the lane trying to go straight.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
When stopped, by LAW, you must be at least ONE FULL CAR LENGTH behind the car in front of you.
BTW, I just scanned the Washingon traffic code and couldn't find that statement; not saying it's not a law in WA, just that it wasn't anywhere I could find it.

Anyway, leave a full car length between you and the car in front in today's metro traffic and there will usually be a another car edging into that space. You'll be backing up rapidly.

jack vines

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
170 Posts
Hi all! Having immense fun driving this car to work in the Seattle area. I personalized my plate DZZZZZT. This car is a huge step up from the 2015 Leaf I drove for three years. Winters got scary as the range created anxiety to the Nth Degree. Now I drive all over the Seattle area without fear of running out of juice. Sometimes I think it just goes and goes without drain. I like to listen to web-based music like SOMAFM or streamed podcasts via my SmaFo so I like Bluetooth a lot. I have issues with Android Auto being counter-intuitive and it becomes a huge distraction, which I will not have as I am a very attentive and principled driver.
I really love the Lemon-Lime Shock! color of my car. It matches my aggressive style. I also love the amazing acceleration on the highway where I can jet out of pinches and zoom around road-zombies.
Welcome! You’ve got an amazing vehicle and you’re going to love the fun of driving the Bolt and long ranges you’ll find as well!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts