Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Would that be the same issue as this person recently dealt with?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
As of 7/17/2020 my Bolt isn't reporting any recalls;
"Currently, there are no recalls or programs associated with your 2019 Chevrolet Bolt EV"

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'm bringing my 2019 Bolt in for annual service in August. Beside this issue, what should I ask for?

The update for the fast charge?

What don't I know??

Rich

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yep. I got it too. Just a few days after I replaced the MSD myself. See... all it took was me paying for the part and doing it myself. Now you all get a recall. :D

Mike
Just checked MYChevrolet and it says our car is subject to the recall. What is involved in replacing the fuse, and how much does it cost? If it is a simple job, I would rather do it myself instead of trusting our Bolt to the idiots at our local Chevy dealer.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Just found this on MyChevrolet.
"GM is working quickly to finalize the necessary repair procedures and/or obtain parts. You will be notified via written communication when the repair procedure or parts are available. You can also check back at this website or with your preferred Certified Service Dealer."

Thanks for the heads up, just checked 'recall' on my onstar acct and see that it affects me. Made my appt and also request for my 1st free tire rotation when I bring it in.

·
Registered
439 Posts
When was yours built? Was it not in the Jan-Jun 2019 date range?

Mike
Same here. No recall. How do you find out when it is built?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Just checked MYChevrolet and it says our car is subject to the recall. What is involved in replacing the fuse, and how much does it cost? If it is a simple job, I would rather do it myself instead of trusting our Bolt to the idiots at our local Chevy dealer.
Any recall is free of charge usually.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Same here. No recall. How do you find out when it is built?
Check the sticker at the base of the driver's side door pillar - build date is listed as month/year. (That sounds authoritative, but it took me quite some time to track it down today when I saw news of the recall myself... Good luck.)

·
Registered
5,017 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thanks for the link to that post with the excellent video! I went out and lifted the seat to check the part number on my MSD. It is 24294004 which is the same number as the new part they install in the recall. I was also able to get a mirror in next to the orange cover and could read the date on the round green sticker: 19-03-04. I think in Korea they write dates year-month-day, and my fuse was made on March 4th 2019. Our car was built in May 2019.

So now I gotta decide if I want to worry about getting a new fuse, or just hope for the best. At least, thanx to the video, I know if I go ahead and order one it's no big deal to swap it out. I checked the price of a new fuse online and they run from $90 to $100 (plus shipping) depending on where you buy them.

·
Registered
407 Posts
It is odd it doesn't include Bolts from earlier build months.

2019 Bolt Died Driving on the Highway had a build month of Dec 2018 and was hit by this. Mine is the same build month and hasn't been affected by this, so far. I'm concerned there are more build months where this is a ticking time bomb.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I'm bringing my 2019 Bolt in for annual service in August. Beside this issue, what should I ask for?

The update for the fast charge?

What don't I know??

Rich
There's a TSB that supposedly allows for faster charging in cold weather. You have to ask for it and indicate to your service advisor that your car charges slowly when it's cold. From what I've read, the gains are minimal so I didn't do it on mine.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Check the sticker at the base of the driver's side door pillar - build date is listed as month/year. (That sounds authoritative, but it took me quite some time to track it down today when I saw news of the recall myself... Good luck.)
Nov 2018

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts