Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No recall using the app and visiting the website so I'm thinking we have dodged a bit of a bullet.

We will continue to charge to 100% once or twice a month and enjoy our EV.

Reactions: TheLondonBroiler

·
Registered
2019 Bolt & 2015 Spark EV
219 Posts
Out of curiosity, did your Bolt have the manual service disconnect fuse recalled?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Me too. But I would like to know why.
Thinking it was Michigan built battery packs with a bad batch of msd fuses. It's not particularly telling about anything else.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Actually, what I meant was, that I don't have a recall for the this either, and did the fuse recall.

Do I not have a potential for a fire?

·
Registered
219 Posts
If you don't have the battery recall this should mean you have the Michigan pack, which to my knowledge, hasn't been implicated in any battery fires as of this time.

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Bolt EV, Two of them
4 Posts
My wife's 2019 Chevy Bolt does not have the recall but had the fuse replaced. My 2019 Chevy bolt in under recall but no fuse need to be replaced.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I also have a '19 Bolt Premier and in the My Chevrolet app, whenever I check for recalls (have checked over the past few days), including just now, it shows no recalls associated with my car.

I put in my VIN into Check for Recalls: Vehicle, Car Seat, Tire, Equipment (from safercar.gov) and it also shows no recalls. And, no, I was never notified about the MSD campaign/failure either.

·
Registered
219 Posts
My wife's 2019 Chevy Bolt does not have the recall but had the fuse replaced. My 2019 Chevy bolt in under recall but no fuse need to be replaced.
You sir are in a very neat situation, as it appears your wife's bolt has a US made pack and you have a Korean made pack. Sharing any noteworthy differences you see would be appreciated by dorks like me 😃

·
Registered
12 Posts
I also have a 2019 Bolt EV Premier. I did the fuse disconnect recall and have not received any messages about the recall on the Bolt fires recently. I think it is because GM said a few 2019 Bolts had their battery manufactured at a different LG factory.

·
Registered
756 Posts
IIRC the 1st recall I think they had only a few they wanted to replace, then the numbers grew.
I am not betting on there being less recalled.
And GM did NOT tell me about it, I got it from a Carfax email. I had to go into my My Chevy online to look it up.
Not to mention I had a BBB Auto claim to GM over this Bolt up until the 9th and they didn't mention any of it to me

·
Registered
892 Posts
I fully expect my 2019 (not currently under the recall) to be added at some point. I see only two possibilities as to why some 2019's would not have been recalled: (1) GM knows more than we do, have a good idea of what the problem is, and have reason to believe the Michigan built packs don't have the problem or (2) since all 5 fires were from Korean built packs, that's all they have to go on and rather than recall everything at once, they left out the Michigan built packs since they have no evidence they are involved.

#2 is obviously weak logic because most packs were built in Korea and it's quite possible that a random sampling of 5 would be all Korean packs anyway. In which case, those of us who think we are "lucky" will soon have our day of reckoning.

Mike

·
Registered
219 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Likely not going to happen. Have you read this?
No. Just participating in a bit of speculation to pass the time until we have more info. ;)

Company PR Reps usually don't point fingers at partners or get specific unless they're pretty darn sure.
Well, I guess that's a good point. Although isn't that so 2020: point fingers without really knowing? I mean, if I was company A and I built a big box and bought a bunch of stuff from company B to pack inside the box, and then the stuff I packed in the box caught on fire, I might say "Look there. Your stuff burned up my box." Somehow... nothing surprises me anymore.

Mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts